Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,006 Posts
Don't mean to hijack the thread but I love the way the black roof and pillars look, VR. Very nicely done! Is it actual paint or a wrap? Thank you.

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
178 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,006 Posts
Got my mount today!!! Thanks Boomba!!! Looks beautiful!!! :)

Br,

-Mike

·
Super Moderator
1,006 Posts
It's going in on Thursday morning since I have the day off of work. I can't wait!!! Feel like a kid a Christmas! Ha, ha....

Br,

-Mike

·
Super Moderator
1,006 Posts
Ok, I got this installed and love the acceleration of the N even more now. The car used to be quick, now it's fast!!! I didn't realize just how much power is lost through rubber bushings. This cures the rocking of the engine. The exhaust seems louder for some reason. This mount does create more vibration but just when you try to accelerate from a stop otherwise it's just about perfect. I am sure in time that will mostly go away. It's says give it 1000 to 2000 miles. The car IS a rocket ship now!!!! I hope I don't break something! lol.... Overall, a great mount. I'll give another review in 1000 mile intervals.

Br,

-Mike

·
Super Moderator
1,006 Posts
It's super easy. 20 minutes tops taking your time. I used ramps. I put on the back of the bracket on first other wise you will not be able to put those 14mm bolts in with the center section bolt attached. I hand tightened the center 18mm bolt and the17mm front bolt. I then tightened the 14mm rear bolts to about 45 to 50ft lbs, the front 17mm bolt about 80 - 90ft lbs and the center 18mm bolt about the same as the front. I tightened the 18mm center bolt last because I wanted the mount to lie in it's natural position. It is very rigid and extremely well made.

Br,

-Mike

·
Registered
241 Posts
Sweet! I'm excited to get this in! I don't have ramps currently.. I'm not sure if I want to drag out the jack and jack stands for something so simple. I might just back the rear end up on the curb/sidewalk and do it ghetto style hahaha would basically be the same as ramps :shrug: We shall see

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Ok, I got this installed and love the acceleration of the N even more now. The car used to be quick, now it's fast!!! I didn't realize just how much power is lost through rubber bushings. This cures the rocking of the engine. The exhaust seems louder for some reason. This mount does create more vibration but just when you try to accelerate from a stop otherwise it's just about perfect. I am sure in time that will mostly go away. It's says give it 1000 to 2000 miles. The car IS a rocket ship now!!!! I hope I don't break something! lol.... Overall, a great mount. I'll give another review in 1000 mile intervals.

Br,

-Mike
The bushings will calm down significantly after a few thousand miles! It's pretty awesome how much of a difference it makes huh?! :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
It arrived today! (it was delivered to a wrong address and the guy was nice enough to drop it off). Look beautiful! Hopefully the install will go well! This will be a fun weekend!

21 - 40 of 64 Posts