Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,

So I am a competitive autocrosser and track day enthusiast. I am currently running dual camber bolts as my form of alignment. I am looking to upgrade to a camber plate as I am retaining my stock suspension. I know of whiteline and forge that make camber plates for the N and was wondering if there were any other options on the market. Also was wondering what are some real world examples of maximum camber on each of these or any alternative ways to achieve -2+ camber without camber bolts. I don't need a copy and paste of what the websites say, looking for real world applications from my fellow autocross and track enthusiasts.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
AST (adjustable) and SPI (fixed) also make camber plates for the VN.

I advise you attempting to add to much camber.

We have a member who added camber bolts and Whiteline Camber Plates with -2+ degrees of camber and he’s blown two set of front struts internally.

We’re waiting to hear further results from his actions. Just be advised.👍🇺🇸

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got to -2.3 with more to spare on camber bolts alone.
Yes I currently have camber bolts but was more of a temporary thing. They aren't the safest when tracking or easiest to align. I'm trying to go camber plates as they are safer, hold their alignment better, as well as much easier to align so cheaper for me each time I have to get an alignment at the shop.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Whiteline - dont recommend it, did not get -3 even with camber bolts
Forge - will get -3, raises ride height a little
AST - will get -3, I am the first person in the US I know of with an order for it. I have been waiting for more than a month with no info on when its shipping :(
SPI - someone else said they got -3 with camber bolts. Hard to get as its sold from Korea on eBay and the seller randomly puts only a few sets for sale at a time.

* note when I say camber bolts, I mean a single set of bolts.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AST (adjustable) and SPI (fixed) also make camber plates for the VN.

I advise you regarding attempting to add to much camber.

We have a member who added camber bolts and Whiteline Camber Plates with -2+ degrees of camber and he’s blown two set of front struts internally.

We’re waiting to hear further results from his actions. Just be advised.👍🇺🇸
I need the camber in order to stop eating the outside of my tires at events. Never in all my years of racing have I ever heard of camber effecting the internals of a strut. Its either (A) you are leaving some crucial information out like that he had lowering springs or (B) a complete freak accident having nothing to do with camber. Sure I agree you don't need that camber for like 95% of N owners that just ride around town going to and from work and the occasional twisty road. But for my application it is very much needed because on a FWD application, you need to run lots of camber in order to not get terrible uneven wear.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AST - will get -3, I am the first person in the US I know of with an order for it. I have been waiting for more than a month with no info on when its shipping :(
SPI - someone else said they got -3 with camber bolts. Hard to get as its sold from Korea on eBay and the seller randomly puts only a few sets for sale at a time.

Awesome,

Thanks for all your valuable information. That's my goal that I'm trying to achieve is around -3 for the front. The outside of the tires are taking way to much abuse, even flipping them the center ribs of the tire have so much life left compared to the outsides.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Do you have a link for the AST camber plates? Can't seem to find them

·
Registered
206 Posts
I would also highly recommend white line double offset lca bushings for +1 caster which imo is MUCH more sensitive to cornering (even in a straight line). I think the increase to active camber (caster) is much more significant than the increase of static camber (i didn’t go to -3 and only street driven). Caster is hot fire.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would also highly recommend white line double offset lca bushings for +1 caster which imo is MUCH more sensitive to cornering (even in a straight line). I think the increase to active camber (caster) is much more significant than the increase of static camber (i didn’t go to -3 and only street driven). Caster is hot fire.
Are you referring to these?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Are you referring to these?
No he means these bushings - SuperPro Front Lower Control Arm Bushing Kit (Rear) Double Offset for 2019-2022 Hyundai Veloster N
Read the description on the site from Genracer - "This is for the Rear bushing on the Lower Control Arm. If you are tracking your JSN, this is a huge help. The car loves caster and this will offset the lower arm to get more caster and less camber loss in compression. "
I highly recommend these. You need a press to install or go to a shop. The holes of the bushing on both sides need to be pointed in towards the car when installing.

AST said my camber plates should ship next week. Its been a 2 month wait so far.

·
Registered
206 Posts
No he means these bushings - SuperPro Front Lower Control Arm Bushing Kit (Rear) Double Offset for 2019-2022 Hyundai Veloster N
Read the description on the site from Genracer - "This is for the Rear bushing on the Lower Control Arm. If you are tracking your JSN, this is a huge help. The car loves caster and this will offset the lower arm to get more caster and less camber loss in compression. "
I highly recommend these. You need a press to install or go to a shop. The holes of the bushing on both sides need to be pointed in towards the car when installing.

AST said my camber plates should ship next week. Its been a 2 month wait so far.
These. They are amazing with the caster increase, and in general make the car less shaky. The stock full rubber bushings are honestly kinda pathetic in all the suspension parts. Point in case-the stock rubber in the RMM.

If I remember correctly, these bushings stock are 1 piece rubber with a small circle of metal in the middle. The crazy part was I think the stock pieces weren’t completely filled in. They were connected only on 2 sides. This could be for another part, but with bushings that big I’m 99% it was for the lca. Edit: I think the white lines do the same thing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts