Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2020 RR PP
83 Posts
I got quoted $200 for the downpipe and since it has to be disconnected with the turbo removal it really shouldn't factor in any additional costs. Most I'd pay is probably $1k but finding someone to do it for that price may be like trying to find a unicorn.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
I can't wait to get this done! However, I will need to pay someone to install the turbo. Can anyone give me rough estimate on how much the labor cost would be to perform work like this? I don't have the proper tools, equipment, or space for this type of job. I know it's all over the place, but what would be a fair price? I got quoted $2000 to install a downpipe and the turbo. Is that on point?
$2000.00 is a bit steep as a base cost. Everything is more dependant upon the hourly mechanics rate and who's doing the work.

·
Registered
83 Posts
How has the turbo been since install? Now that SXTH has released the EK1 are you going to retune using it, or just keep the tune you have?

·
Registered
2020 PP Race Red//Fully Bolted
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
It's been totally great. The turbo and tune are amazing. It's hard for me to put into perspective just how much this mod changes the characteristics of the car. I was able to get the car on the dyno a couple weeks back and it made excellent power. 363whp and 355wtq.

You can see the graph is very linear compared to stock turbo Dyno charts. The power just keeps climbing. It feels great with very smooth power delivery and even though the throttle response is a little slower, it comes alive in a much more precise manner. (I hope this makes sense lol)

The turbo itself has been solid so far and so has the car. 0 issues, excellent performance, and tons of smiles.

I will be getting an ek1 eventually to have the car custom tuned for race gas/methanol. Would like to see 400whp which I believe is totally possible on my setup but would like to be able to switch maps and turn it down for reliability/drivability.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Man you're making almost what I was on my S4 (comparable to a Garrett 3076) with E85 on my Speed3. That torque curve is beautiful, and yes I know exactly what you mean about smoother power delivery. That's how it was on my Speed too. Stock turbo tuned would just roast the tires, but with the S4 it could be controlled a lot better since spool was slower. I may seriously look into getting this down the road. For now I'm still bone stock, and I really miss the power that my Speed had, but I also love having the warranty.

·
Registered
2020 PP Race Red//Fully Bolted
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
Man you're making almost what I was on my S4 (comparable to a Garrett 3076) with E85 on my Speed3. That torque curve is beautiful, and yes I know exactly what you mean about smoother power delivery. That's how it was on my Speed too. Stock turbo tuned would just roast the tires, but with the S4 it could be controlled a lot better since spool was slower. I may seriously look into getting this down the road. For now I'm still bone stock, and I really miss the power that my Speed had, but I also love having the warranty.
I told myself I wouldn't do anything crazy when I bought this car.... Here we are a year later 😂. What year was your speed? A few years back I had a ~290whp VT and got totally smoked by an 07. I think he was tuned with a couple bolt ons but I'm not sure. They move!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I told myself I wouldn't do anything crazy when I bought this car.... Here we are a year later 😂. What year was your speed? A few years back I had a ~290whp VT and got totally smoked by an 07. I think he was tuned with a couple bolt ons but I'm not sure. They move!
I had a 2013. Love that thing and still hope I can bring it back to life one day. Bolt ons and E usually would get a speed to about 300 wheel horsepower and 330 wheel torque. But that torque would peak and then dip hard.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts