Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone..

I’ve been plagued by this issue ever since I put on my aftermarket wheels and tires.

for reference: I’m running 18x8.5 +50 all the way around with 245x40 R18 bfgoodrich comp 2 A/S extra load tires..

Ever since the swap, I have experienced a pull to the left, when on the highway and at speeds over 70 mph. The more I accelerate the harder it pulls to the left. I’ve had it aligned at 3 shops, including Hyundai, and had all the tires changed thinking it was radial pull(I moved the wheels all around the car to check). Has anyone else experienced this? I’m aware of the effects of scrub radius and the effects aftermarket wheels can have but I didn’t think it would be this drastic since I stayed within 5mm of the OEM offset. Could it be the tire tread? The lighter wheels? I’m open to any suggestions.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Hey everyone..

I’ve been plagued by this issue ever since I put on my aftermarket wheels and tires.

for reference: I’m running 18x8.5 +50 all the way around with 245x40 R18 bfgoodrich comp 2 A/S extra load tires..

Ever since the swap, I have experienced a pull to the left, when on the highway and at speeds over 70 mph. The more I accelerate the harder it pulls to the left. I’ve had it aligned at 3 shops, including Hyundai, and had all the tires changed thinking it was radial pull(I moved the wheels all around the car to check). Has anyone else experienced this? I’m aware of the effects of scrub radius and the effects aftermarket wheels can have but I didn’t think it would be this drastic since I stayed within 5mm of the OEM offset. Could it be the tire tread? The lighter wheels? I’m open to any suggestions.
Wish I could offer some help. Sounds like you’ve tried the common fixes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Have the dealership reset the eLSD control module to factory specifications. Then have the tires and wheels "road force balanced."
That’s what I requested they do today. Not sure if they did, though. I’ll definitely try the road force balance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It will cause the eLSD to function as normal. The "Road Force Balancing, " will find any out of balance wheel/s, pinpoint their exact balance point, lateral and radial runout for the combination.
Got the road force balance done and found that two of my wheels are warped in the barrel. They said this caused the pull and a bit of vibration. Now I get to argue with some sales rep about warranty. Once that’s done I’ll check the eLSD. Thanks for your help. Might throw the OEM wheels back on for the time being

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
You're very welcome and I'm happy we were able to narrow down the problem quickly. You have the evidence you need and leg up on the seller, stick to your guns. Generally, this is what causes the problem and is not subject to age of the wheels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts