Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't be tricked into paying the stealer or a tire seller to program new tire pressure sensors. I bought a set of wheels and winter tires from Tire Rack. I was told I had to have the new sensors they installed programmed and when I checked around, it was $100 + to switch the tires/wheels out and program the sensors. I changed them out myself Saturday morning, and the readout on the dash continually showed no pressures ... until Sunday. The car 'found' the sensors on its own, and it's all good. Just a heads up to save someone some cash.

·
Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
430 Posts
To pick-up my summer tires my Genesis has to be driven over 35 mph for a small number of miles. I do not recall the particulars. When I swap to my winter tires, which do not have sensors at all, I have to drive it for a good period of time over 35 mph too. Then I get the TPMS light for the season. It sounds like you need to drive it at a good clip for a period of time in order to pair the sensors with the car. Thanks for the post. I suspected this. Now I know as it sounds like it works similar to my Gen Coupe.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts