Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the black (Race) Powerflex transmission bushing recently.

Hyundai Veloster Transmission Mount Insert

Wow was it easy compared to the engine mounts… I jacked up the left side of the car, removed the left front tire and saw the access port immediately ahead. Just remove the plastic cover and you see what is pictured below:

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Locking hubs Motor vehicle

Be sure to support the transmission with a jack and completely remove the two bolts. From there you just slide the insert in. You can see the OEM matte rubber bushing below with the new glossy polyurethane bushing taking up the space around it:

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Trunk

A new plate is provided that keeps the bushing in place. Now just reverse the process and the install is complete. Took me about 45min and I was really taking my time.

Now for the effects…I have driven around for 2 weeks now and can’t say I notice much of a difference... Perhaps the shift action is a bit tighter, but it’s tough to say. For context I will list relevant mods that might have an effect on this one:

- Upper and lower engine mounts from TurboTech
-Metal shift assembly bushings
-Metal shift linkage bushings

I was hoping to feel it in the shifter, but it was already pretty tidy from the other bushings I have done. You may notice more if your car is closer to stock regarding these specific mods. All in all, I’m still happy since it was an easy install and only cost $40.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
No real addition here either. Easy install no issues and difficult to notice much change at all.

Only difference is; I used the purple street vs the black racing bushing.

I think you hit the preverbal nail on the head; with the OEM upper and lower motor mounts, there might be a distinguishable difference.🇺🇸

·
Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
780 Posts
I noticed a shifting difference with the RMM bushings. I was thinking about going from the yellow (street) to purple bushing. But I would change my RMM and this side one both to the purple grade.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts