Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Boomba is going to be a little more vibration then the yellow street bushings though. Based on the hardness of the bushings, is boomba sticking with just the one stiffness? I'm worried about the vibration.
Honestly the vibrations aren’t that bad, I only really feel them when taking off from 1st gear from a stop and going in reverse. But then again I came from a Honda S2000 and a Subaru STI so I guess I’m kinda used to a harsher ride. But other than that I like the vibration it gives out when going off of first or reverse it makes the car feel more “raw”. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed with the motor mount, I’m really happy with it and glad I did it!

·
Super Moderator
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Boomba has a great mount! After about 2000 miles the only vibration I felt with mine was at 1200 rpm taking off from a stop. Other than that all other vibrations went away. I loved the way the car shifted, took off, and no wheel hop. I just couldn't take that 1200 rpm vibration. That was the only, and I mean the only reason I switched to the PowerFlex bushings. I do not even run the yellow ones anymore. After experimenting on a few I decided to just go with the Purple PowerFlex bushings and call it a day. No vibrations and hardly any wheel hop. A good compromise for comfort and performance. If my car wasn't a daily driver in the summer time and more of a race/auto cross car I would have kept the Boomba mount.

Gotta remember, I am an old fart; most young guys will love the Boomba mount!

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
243 Posts
Boomba has a great mount! After about 2000 miles the only vibration I felt with mine was at 1200 rpm taking off from a stop. Other than that all other vibrations went away. I loved the way the car shifted, took off, and no wheel hop. I just couldn't take that 1200 rpm vibration. That was the only, and I mean the only reason I switched to the PowerFlex bushings. I do not even run the yellow ones anymore. After experimenting on a few I decided to just go with the Purple PowerFlex bushings and call it a day. No vibrations and hardly any wheel hop. A good compromise for comfort and performance. If my car wasn't a daily driver in the summer time and more of a race/auto cross car I would have kept the Boomba mount.

Gotta remember, I am an old fart; most young guys will love the Boomba mount!

Best regards,

-Mike
I ordered a purple powerflex bushing today so im trusting your input as i dont think its worth changing to a full on solid motor mount but i would like some sharper shifts. Plus saving 150 is nice as these bushings are basically dirt cheap.

·
Registered
40 Posts
So you went from the yellow PowerFlex, to the Boomba, to the purple PowerFlex? Mind if I ask why you didn't just go back to the yellow PFs? I'm considering this mod and I'd trying to decide between the yellow and purple PFs, so I'm interested in your feedback.

·
Registered
243 Posts
So i installed the purple today and after a quick test drive, just wow. Those stock bushings were way to soft, the difference is really noticeable. So far no vibrations, i really lubed everything up with the included grease so we'll see after the break in period how it holds up

Update: first drive to work, i did notice vibrations today. The car vibrated the same way with the oem bushings but they're a bit more violent now. Nothing annoying though. The car starting up feels a bit more aggressive, and it doesn't happen every time but occasionally from a stand still if you let off the clutch a bit too fast it will give a bit of a shake as well. At idle i felt a slight vibration on the pedal but only once for some reason.
Only time will tell if this becomes unbearable but honestly i like the feedback so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
So i installed the purple today and after a quick test drive, just wow. Those stock bushings were way to soft, the difference is really noticeable. So far no vibrations, i really lubed everything up with the included grease so we'll see after the break in period how it holds up
This is the set I'm considering, so please report back.

·
Super Moderator
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

Update: first drive to work, i did notice vibrations today. The car vibrated the same way with the oem bushings but they're a bit more violent now. Nothing annoying though. The car starting up feels a bit more aggressive, and it doesn't happen every time but occasionally from a stand still if you let off the clutch a bit too fast it will give a bit of a shake as well. At idle i felt a slight vibration on the pedal but only once for some reason.
Only time will tell if this becomes unbearable but honestly i like the feedback so far.
I run the purple ones too. After about 300 miles any vibrations are pretty much gone. I am extremely happy with these.

Best Regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
243 Posts
It vibrates mostly on normal mode with ac on because of the lower RPMs but on N or N custom theres no vibration. Super strange. Looking forward to the break in

·
Registered
6 Posts
It vibrates mostly on normal mode with ac on because of the lower RPMs but on N or N custom theres no vibration. Super strange. Looking forward to the break in
I believe this would be because Sport and N mode (and N custom if engine is set to Sport or Sport+) actually raises idle rpm by 100-200. Not sure what the purpose of that is (maybe better response?), but that increase probably offsets the low rpm vibrations created by the ac.

Also, I just ordered the Boomba mount for my own and I cannot wait to get it on, I ran full Damond mounts on my Mazdaspeed3 and they made was incredible. Helped torque steer a lot and the shifter felt absolutely incredible with nothing else done to it. There were noticeable vibrations, but being young, I actually enjoyed the feeling

·
Super Moderator
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
So you went from the yellow PowerFlex, to the Boomba, to the purple PowerFlex? Mind if I ask why you didn't just go back to the yellow PFs? I'm considering this mod and I'd trying to decide between the yellow and purple PFs, so I'm interested in your feedback.
Yup, I tried almost everything for the rear mount. The purple ones are the best compromise for firmer shifts and comfort. Any vibrations are pretty much gone after about 300 miles or so. I only run my car in the spring, summer, and early fall so I cannot say how the vibrations would be in sub-zero weather. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
6 Posts
After break in I finally got a chance to see how this mod really is. From a stop in N custom mode shifting at 6k rpm I can chirp 3rd gear. No way in h-ell you'd be able to do that with the factory ones.

Best regards,

-Mike
Are you implying the factory setup is better? Assuming the factory busings do not make you lose traction in 3rd indicating better traction? Whats the benefit? Better feel?

·
Super Moderator
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
No, the factory set-up sucks! I have both the TTR upper and lower motor mounts now and love them. I will NOT be changing this set-up. It's awesome! No vibrations and no wheel hop! Best of both worlds!

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
40 Posts
^This. The stock bushings aren't in keeping with the car's character, and are an odd misstep in an otherwise balanced car. IMO the Powerflex yellow (70 durometer?) should be stock, leaving people free to go with a harder durometer if they want.

No, the factory set-up sucks! I have both the TTR upper and lower motor mounts now and love them. I will NOT be changing this set-up. It's awesome! No vibrations and no wheel hop! Best of both worlds!

Best regards,

-Mike

21 - 34 of 34 Posts