Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new to this forums so hopefully I’m in the correct place. I have a Veloster N performance pack and was reading that the oem limiter it set to 21 psi for boost. However when looking at the boost gauge on the dash it only seems to go up to about 16. Not sure if this is supposed to be or not but a little back story on the concern I installed a BOV and it had a leak so I lost significant power but it displayed15 lbs of boost on the screen but after switching back to the oem recirculation valve it seems to have the power back but still is at about 15-16 lbs on the screen. Mainly wondering if all of them display at 15-16 or if I should be concerned. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
876 Posts
No, overboost is limited and capped to a max boost of 21 psi. The VN PP normally runs a 15-16 psi. There's nothing wrong with your VN. Use the search engine in the top right hand corner of the page to find a multitude of threads regarding the subject.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I was noticing today the boost gauge in the dash was going up to around 15 16. But when I was looking in the n menu on the touch screen the turbo graph it showed the highest at 9.3 psi. Is it that much off from the other gauge?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a noticeable variance in boost and torque between the dash menu and touch screen as well. Dash shows 275lb/ft torque and 15psi of boost but the touch screen will only show around 200lb/ft torque and 9psi boost. Not sure why there is a discrepancy, but the car is definitely making plenty of power.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have a noticeable variance in boost and torque between the dash menu and touch screen as well. Dash shows 275lb/ft torque and 15psi of boost but the touch screen will only show around 200lb/ft torque and 9psi boost. Not sure why there is a discrepancy, but the car is definitely making plenty of power.
Oh yes. Definitely plenty of power. I just recently got over the break in period. And I had in n mode and shifted to second and hit it. **** that thing took the **** off. Lmaooo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts