Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, guys. i have been having conversations with Brembo about the possibility of having a BBK for our cars. They understand about the enthusiast market for our car and they have wanted to look into a GT system if the demand is there so they can start to work with their engineering department.
If we can get 3-4 people who would be interested in this becoming a reality and would be willing to place a 25% deposit (I will be among the ones paying as well) they would start working on getting this kit ready for our platform.
Does anyone have any interest in this?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Maybe, maybe not. Especially when CTS-V Brembo calipers bolt up to the hubs and work with Evo X rotors. Yes they are an older 4 piston design, but paired with the right pads and rotors they are perfect for around $600.

Also consider that the Brembo kits are usually on the high end of cost as well (GT kits average around $4k), while kits like Forge and N Performance run around half of that.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Hey, guys. i have been having conversations with Brembo about the possibility of having a BBK for our cars. They understand about the enthusiast market for our car and they have wanted to look into a GT system if the demand is there so they can start to work with their engineering department.
If we can get 3-4 people who would be interested in this becoming a reality and would be willing to place a 25% deposit (I will be among the ones paying as well) they would start working on getting this kit ready for our platform.
Does anyone have any interest in this?
It would be great to have a Brembo GT kit specifically designed for the VN! But, need to know the cost first. If it really is $4k+ then I think the market will be very limited.

·
Registered
66 Posts
It would be great to have a Brembo GT kit specifically designed for the VN! But, need to know the cost first. If it really is $4k+ then I think the market will be very limited.
+10

Significantly more information needs to be provided for anyone to get on-board with this.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Looking up a similar vehicle (Focus ST) Brembo GT brake kit has a much more competitive price

But those are 4 piston calipers, same as the CTS-V calipers, and those are a much more cost effective part for the same performance.

·
Registered
522 Posts
It’s very important to look at type of caliper, mounting of caliper, pad selection, and rotor type. Those all make a big difference.

·
Registered
288 Posts
It’s very important to look at type of caliper, mounting of caliper, pad selection, and rotor type. Those all make a big difference.
Indeed, what you are doing with the Wilwood calipers is very much "the right way". All of the R&D behind that is pretty cool. Even for the Focus ST, they can just bolt on the calipers from the Focus RS for less than half of what the GT kit costs for their car and have the same exact performance.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
+10

Significantly more information needs to be provided for anyone to get on-board with this.
the cost should be around 2-4k with a 25% deposit. ive been trying to get even more info from brembo themselves but they wont know more until the engineering department goes to work. they said they need to know at least some type of backing for it but getting a email respone of one per week has been a bit tricky

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Maybe, maybe not. Especially when CTS-V Brembo calipers bolt up to the hubs and work with Evo X rotors. Yes they are an older 4 piston design, but paired with the right pads and rotors they are perfect for around $600.

Also consider that the Brembo kits are usually on the high end of cost as well (GT kits average around $4k), while kits like Forge and N Performance run around half of that.
that is true. i did consider running that route for it since i couldn't get a hold of the NB performance BBK. the cost should be around 2-4k but brembo wouldn't really know more until the engineering department gets a hold of our platform. I have been trying to get even more info but so far i have been getting around 1 email response a week. so it has been a bit tricky

·
Registered
327 Posts
What's the purpose if you don't mind me asking? The VN brakes feel fantastic imo. Is it about weight savings or are they just even better all around?

·
Registered
522 Posts
I think it’s great that Brembo might make something for the VN! I would certainly have considered it over the Wilwood setup I’m working on. But I think this thread just needs some more details to get some traction, which I recognize is difficult because Brembo isn’t going to to do the engineering without interest. So it’s kind of a chicken or egg scenario.

OP, are you able to post a similar kit that people can compare? So that we can get an idea of rotor diameter and width, pad shape and availability, caliper type, etc.?

For example, pad shape makes a huge difference as to pad availability and price. The Wilwood kit I’m putting together uses a common pad shape. I was able to get a set of G-Loc street pads (GS1) and race pads (R12) for under $300 for both sets. Of course you can go cheaper or more expensive with pad manufacturer, but a common pad shape means cheaper pads.

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Veloster N
183 Posts
What's the purpose if you don't mind me asking? The VN brakes feel fantastic imo. Is it about weight savings or are they just even better all around?
If you are tracking the car, better heat management. More consistent brakes.
Stock brakes have limited heat capacity.

If you aren't tracking, it's just for show.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts