Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I just picked up my new 2020 Veloster N Performance Package this past weekend. I previously had a Subaru WRX which was great, but i was drawn into the N because i wanted more fun and technology. The WRX just felt outdated. I love the options provided by the various driving modes. Pops and burbles when you want, fuel economy conscious hatch when you don’t.

The WRX community was pretty awesome, and I’m looking forward to being involved in the VN community. I intend to keep this car stock for various reasons, but I like the fact it can be stock and so much fun! One of my problems with the WRX was that it takes so much money in mods to really get it to the level of fun that the N had right out of the gate.

Looking forward to getting this on the track!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Welcome! Nice color choice by the way 😎

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I think the white is subtle and looks great (obviously) 😂 I would have liked to see the blue too, but the only one around was white so that helped narrow it down!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just picked up my Chalk White PP yesterday! How are you feeling about going to FWD in a snowy area?
thats awesome! Congrats! I’m not particularly concerned about the snow with FWD. I just listed the X-Ice wheels and tires from my WRX, so once those are sold I’ll get a set that’ll fit the N. Of course the N won’t go through what the WRX could, but with a good set of winter tires I wouldn’t have any concern on a plowed road. You looking at winter wheel set already too?

·
Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
429 Posts
Great color choice! I am on the other side of the State.

Reactions: JW-VN

·
Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
429 Posts
BTW, I kept my Gen Coupe for winter duty. I have winter tires for it and RWD for extra fun.

·
Registered
18 Posts
thats awesome! Congrats! I’m not particularly concerned about the snow with FWD. I just listed the X-Ice wheels and tires from my WRX, so once those are sold I’ll get a set that’ll fit the N. Of course the N won’t go through what the WRX could, but with a good set of winter tires I wouldn’t have any concern on a plowed road. You looking at winter wheel set already too?
Nah, winter in Charlotte, NC is pretty tame. I’m planning to run the stock setup unless that just becomes untenable for whatever reason. I lived in Philly for a while a remember the kinds of storms we had, AWD would have been nice!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Welcome to the forum, JVS! You crushed it on the track! Nice to see you outperform the WRX competition ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome to the forum, JVS! You crushed it on the track! Nice to see you outperform the WRX competition ;)
thanks! It was definitely a great track day, and it’ll be exciting to not be the only VN next year!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts