Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Manual Performance Blue N, stock. PPF on front.
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been interested in the N ever since it debuted in 2019.
And I have to say it is a pretty rare car, as I've only seen two "N's" in the wild over the past two years.
I owned or test driven many cars in the hot hatch category, and to me the N checked off all of the boxes and was the most fun to drive.
I picked up my new N yesterday, and get this,
remember I'd only seen two N's in the last 2 years, on my way home I first passed by a blue N, then 15 minutes later a black N.
I asked the dealer what fuel the car takes and he said "regular" gasoline.
Can someone please let me know what page the fuel info is in the owners manual?
I checked for the paint issue where the bumper meets the body and found that flaw on my car.
I pointed it out to the dealer and he said he would get me some touch up paint. I guess that's better than nothing.
I can't really complain as they did give me the car at dealer cost.
I noticed that the front lower bumper area is really low to the ground, and could get damaged by hitting the curb when parking. A front camera would have been a nice feature.
I'm not really a fan of cloth seats, much prefer leather, or leatherette as they are easier to care for, as you can easily wipe up any spills etc.
Has anyone put seatcovers on their N seats?
I found some that look pretty good here.
I plan to get Xpel paint protection film installed on the bumper, full hood, full fenders, headlights and mirrors, and then ceramic coat the entire car just in time for winter.
Peace.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Send that paint issue to Hyundai and bypass the dealer they should fix that and align the bumper cover properly. They obviously messed up the panel gap and it chaffed the paint. You can see the gap close in from side to side in your picture.

·
Registered
113 Posts
those seat covers look interesting but not being vehicle specific would have me worried. The N in pretty bolstered. If you get them and they fit good, let us know.

·
Registered
2020 Manual Performance Blue N, stock. PPF on front.
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Send that paint issue to Hyundai and bypass the dealer they should fix that and align the bumper cover properly. They obviously messed up the panel gap and it chaffed the paint. You can see the gap close in from side to side in your picture.
Thanks for your input.
I'm thinking that if I take it into Hyundai they might end up doing more harm than good, if you get my drift.
It's such a small issue I think I'll just leave it, since the chipped paint is on the plastic bumper and not on metal.

·
Registered
122 Posts
i got a base N on 2 jan 2019 (N-1117) I was told regular gas also but found that the better the fuel the better she ran. I traded in 202 for a new PP and have never put anything but 93 octane in since. I can not prove this but i think the basic tune for the base is different from the PP.

·
Registered
28 Posts
So my brother has been in car sales his entire life an he has now ran 2 different dealerships and I can absolutely without a doubt tell you that 95% of car salesman have no idea whats going on with any given car beyond whats written on the window sticker. I highly recommend running nothing but 93 if you're in to performance, it makes a difference with the lifespan as well as these motors are DI so higher quality fuel = less carbon build up

Hyundai customer care is very good actually! They will surely help you with the bumper, just tell them you don't want to go through the dealer you bought it at anymore, that is totally your right by law.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts