Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any luck finding a phone mount that doesn’t obstruct the AC vents? I used a ProClip mount in my prior car and loved it. That setup didn’t obstruct the vents or any other function, and was quite sturdy.
However, the current ProClip mount covers the right side driver AC vent:

I’d rather not use a universal suction cup mount.
Rennline and Scosche make some nice looking mounts, but nothing for the Veloster N.
Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Im not sure you'll find anything Veloster specific. Hell, Ive only ever seen one other Veloster N in the entire southeast and it was all the way down in Jacksonville.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im not sure you'll find anything Veloster specific. Hell, Ive only ever seen one other Veloster N in the entire southeast and it was all the way down in Jacksonville.
You’re not wrong! I’ve only ever seen 1 on the road in the last several months and I don’t exactly live in the boonies either.

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT
82 Posts
There is and it's from; It works flawlessly and is very solid. It is strong enough to hold a mini or regular iPad. Been utilizing one for over a year now.
I just received my mounts and I am wondering if it is possible to use it for the 2021. I am not sure how to get the top of this to fit. I can’t even get a fingernail in the bottom of the display.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Note the instructions and make sure you fit it as instructed with one caveat; Don't try to mount it on the side you're going to utilize it on. Start from towards the middle of the display and slip it across gently. The center of the display frame will give more than the corners. I know it doesn't look like it will fit but it will slip into the fascia plastic frame.

The 2021 VN, I can't attest to directly. However, there aren't any differences in the display or dash, so it should fit. Optimal word here is should.

·
Registered
21 Posts
There is and it's from; It works flawlessly and is very solid. It is strong enough to hold a mini or regular iPad. Been utilizing one for over a year now.
Piece of hard plastic pressed directly onto an LCD screen? I would honestly be super scared of someone or something hitting the mount and driving it right into the screen. Or even breaking the bezel.

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT
82 Posts
Piece of hard plastic pressed directly onto an LCD screen? I would honestly be super scared of someone or something hitting the mount and driving it right into the screen. Or even breaking the bezel.
From what I understand the 2019-2020 LCD screen has a little bit of a gap between the screen to attach to. The 2021 model is as tight as a crab’s ass and that is water tight .( LOL) I am going to be getting the new design for the 2021 model when it is available.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts