Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
2022 Veloster N - Perf Blue - 6spd MT
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’ve had my ‘22 VN for just over a month now and every time I drive it, I still have the same grin I had when driving it off the lot. As a former Porsche 911 & Lotus Elise Sport 190 owner, this is definitely the most feasibly fun car I’ve owned and driven. That said, there are little things that can be done to improve the VN experience.

Ceramic Window Tint & Paint Ceramic Coating

The first thing I did was have the windows ceramic tinted (15%). Here in Southern California, the sun is intense and UV can destroy paint, rubber and fabric in short order. Ceramic tint with UV block is necessary to protect and cool the interior. In addition to all the windows, clear ceramic tint was also applied to the windshield to block UV rays. It’s amazing how cool the interior is after tint. :cool:
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Grille

Black-out Red Accents / Carbon Fiber Badges

I also had them do a little bit of tint on the turn signal / reflectors (front & rear) and black-out the red accents around the car. A little to bold for my taste with performance blue. The brake calipers are plenty.

Below you can see tinted back-up lights & rear reflectors. I also removed the Veloster badge and installed carbon fiber badges.
Tire Vehicle registration plate Car Vehicle Sky

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

· Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Interior Comfort Mods:

The interior of the VN is pretty basic, so I did what I could to improve interior comforts. The alcantera components available are really nice. I like the way the blue stitching matches the interior well.
Vehicle Speedometer Car Motor vehicle Light

Automotive design Car Car seat cover Fixture Motor vehicle

Car Gear shift Automotive design Vehicle Motor vehicle

I also added some door panel covers that keep shoe marks off the plastic door panels.

Hood Vehicle Automotive design Vehicle door Automotive exterior

· Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Electronics Upgrades:

Amplifier:
The addition of a 450 watt Kicker Amplifier really improved the performance of the factory sound system. The bass pumps a little more now.

Dash Camera System: Here in California, dash cams are necessary on the crazy freeways. This BlackVue 4K system records front & rear views and integrates with my iPhone for instant viewing & downloads. Also has a ‘parking mode’ record capability for parking lots.

Sky Plant Tree Tints and shades Gas

Plant Hood Automotive lighting Automotive mirror Automotive tire

Digital Video Entertainment:

This little device plugs into the USB port and takes over the VN 8 inch LED display. It connects to my iPhone’s WiFi Hotspot so it can stream Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+, YouTube and Hulu video programming. You can also play video files from the Micro SD Card and connect to CarPlay wirelessly.

Hood Automotive design Car Motor vehicle Personal luxury car

I also added a glass protector on the display that really helps reduce fingerprints. It’s easier to clean too.

Automotive design Motor vehicle Personal luxury car Electric blue Gadget

· Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Performance Mods:

Forge Short Shift Kit:
This was the first performance mod I did to the car. Easy to install and a huge improvement!

RaceChip GTS: Wow! This piggyback performance tune makes a huge power difference. This is when I started to notice some wheel hop, so some upgraded motor mounts may help improve that issue. Performance mode control through the iPhone application makes activation and mode selection easy on the fly.
Automotive tire Trunk Automotive exterior Bumper Hood

Cold Air Intake: I just installed the AFE Takeda Momentum CAI w/ Takeda Turbo Inlet Adapter to improve VN airflow.
Hood Motor vehicle Trunk Vehicle Car

TTR Motor Mounts: They just arrived! Can’t wait to install.
Land vehicle Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle

Other Mods just arrived…

• Forge Dual Catch Can Kit
  • Forge Intercooler w/ Boost Kit
  • Velossa Snorkel Intake
  • GarageLine Wheel Spacers

· Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
What is sad about the performance? Why the blues? Congratulations on picking the best color! I'm not a fan of blacking out the red trim. Lots of people black it out, but I'm a fan of the red. Other than that, looks good.
You’re right! Made the change. ;) No longer ‘Performance Blues’.. meant it in the jazz sense. But Jake & Elroy would love it. :cool:

While subjective opinion, I think yellow goes better with performance blue than red. I’m considering some rally stripes, but haven’t found the right yellow yet. Needs to be a soft yellow, as the blue is soft.

· Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Installing a few bits this week. Installed some TTR upper & rear motor mounts. The yellow sure pops with performance blue paint! Haven’t yet pulled it out of the garage yet but can’t wait to feel the difference.
Tire Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive fuel system Automotive design Vehicle

I also installed the Forge combination coolant tank & catch can. Really well made product and easy to install. It also really makes the engine bay look bitchin.

I’m really excited to install the new Forge Intercooler! It can get pretty warm here in San Diego, so looking forward mid-afternoon boost rather than just on cooler mornings. Again, I have to hand it to Forge. Great craftsmanship and design! The fit is perfect.
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Office equipment

In addition to the included ‘hot side’ boost pipe, I installed the Forge ‘cool side’ boost pipe.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior Sports equipment

Then it was time to install the Velossa Tech Big Mouth before refitting the front end. Thanks to @RedVN for posting an install threads on these items. The Gen4 was a little different, but I adapted to create a comfortable fit.
Motor vehicle Grille Hood Automotive tire Automotive design

· Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Use a black Sharpie Marker to touch up any scratches on the CC nuts.

Looks great and the yellow sure does pop!👍🇺🇸
No scratches or mars. I used a crescent with Teflon pads. 👍😎 But I did use the sharpie for manufacture marks, mostly on the bent tubes.

· Registered
59 Posts
Performance Mods:

Forge Short Shift Kit:
This was the first performance mod I did to the car. Easy to install and a huge improvement!

RaceChip GTS: Wow! This piggyback performance tune makes a huge power difference. This is when I started to notice some wheel hop, so some upgraded motor mounts may help improve that issue. Performance mode control through the iPhone application makes activation and mode selection easy on the fly.
View attachment 10148

Cold Air Intake: I just installed the AFE Takeda Momentum CAI w/ Takeda Turbo Inlet Adapter to improve VN airflow.
View attachment 10149

TTR Motor Mounts: They just arrived! Can’t wait to install.
View attachment 10150

Other Mods just arrived…

• Forge Dual Catch Can Kit
  • Forge Intercooler w/ Boost Kit
  • Velossa Snorkel Intake
  • GarageLine Wheel Spacers
Is that paint or vinyl on the intake? I need to do that!

· Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Is that paint or vinyl on the intake? I need to do that!
It’s vinyl. I’ll be re-doing the Takeda & Logo, which I cut by hand. Now I’ve decided to use my Cricut cutting machine for much cleaner cuts (near perfect). You can see the Turbo letters are much cleaner and precise. I created vector design patterns, so it’s easy to cut any color vinyl.

Notice the carbon fiber vinyl around the engine bay. I also made a pattern for my steering wheel buttons. 😎
Hood Motor vehicle Trunk Car Automotive exterior

Vehicle Grille Hood Car Motor vehicle

Speedometer Car Vehicle Gear shift Odometer

· Registered
59 Posts
It’s vinyl. I’ll be re-doing the Takeda & Logo, which I cut by hand. Now I’ve decided to use my Cricut cutting machine for much cleaner cuts (near perfect). You can see the Turbo letters are much cleaner and precise. I created vector design patterns, so it’s easy to cut any color vinyl.

Notice the carbon fiber vinyl around the engine bay. I also made a pattern for my steering wheel buttons. 😎 View attachment 10700
View attachment 10704
View attachment 10701
That is absolutely sick bro!

· Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Hey @KennyMac where did you get the Alcantara around the speedometer and gauge cluster for the dash? and how easy was the install?
Purchased from SoCalRacing. Pretty spendy at nearly $500, but really helps luxrurize the minimal Veloster N interior. But what the hell, it’s only hard-earned money.. right?

Really easy to install after watching some YouTube videos. 15 minutes.

· Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Santa filled my Stocking pretty good this year, Little bits and goodies to personalize my ride.

Boomba Racing black anodized caps for the engine bay. Not crazy about logos ‘front & center’ so I use vinyl to minimize the marketing on the bits.
Audio equipment Camera accessory Gadget Material property Font

They look pretty good! Unfortunately, the Brake Reservoir & Coolant Caps sent were for a Stinger, so waiting on an exchange from Boomba.
Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Hood Automotive design

I also got a few carbon fiber upgrades - mirror caps and switch covers.
Automotive parking light Land vehicle Car Vehicle Automotive side-view mirror

Car Hood Automotive design Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

I also did a few of my own vinyl enhancements.
Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Car

My favorite upgrade is the new subwoofers. I installed a new Rockford Fosgate 300W 10” sealed sub in the rear. Very punchy! A remote volume allows me to dial in just the right amount.
Audio equipment Grey Carbon Synthetic rubber Gadget

I also like a little kick in the butt, so I installed a second 10” compact subwoofer under the driver’s seat. A second remote volume allows for that sub to have just the right amount. The two in combination are incredible!

Since both of these subs accept both high & low level inputs, no converters we’re necessary. Very clean. The rear sub easily unplugs for removal if you need the space for the day - while the underseat sub continues to punch.
Silver Automotive design Output device Automotive lighting Grey

1 - 20 of 28 Posts