Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a month ago I took my car in to my dealership (Fitzgerald Hyundai Clearwater) with an issue. All four wheels have prominent clear coat issues. The dealer service rep told me this is the first time he has seen the issue on the VN PP or any VN for that matter. They are replacing all four wheels under warranty but told me it would take some time. It has been just about a month and according to some other Veloster forums I read, people were on their third and forth wheelset and still coming across issues. I am thinking that as soon as the new wheels come in, I will upgrade to some aftermarket wheels and sell the OEMs.

My detailing of the wheels doesn't include anything crazy. I have a separate microfiber mit for the wheels. I use a foam cannon with the garden hose, Chemical Guys citrus soap, then dry. The most severe thing these wheels are exposed to is the Florida sun. My car was driveway kept but I cleaned my garage once again.

Pardon the dirty wheel in the picture. It rained for about a week straight at that point during my daily commute.

This is just a heads up. Keep an eye on your wheels.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have the issue on one of mine, and I have only used sprayaway glass cleaner on them which pretty much doesn't affect anything. I already bought aftermarket wheels but I'm going to bring mine down and warranty it as well. I have to look the others over good too now that they are off the car.

I waited until I had aftermarket wheels before I deal with it, because I just want to drop off the wheel and not lose my car for any time.

·
Registered
154 Posts
It's a common issue. Some dealers are replacing the wheels, some are respraying them.

All four of my wheels have it bad, I just haven't got around to taking the wheels in yet.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Add me to the list... All 4, but one of them is really bad. I don't know how I missed this because I hand wash them. Oh well, guess we will see how my Hyundai dealership handles this.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Join the club. They did replace mine. But I'm in a battle lemon lawing mine. Has gas mileage problems. Pours smoke. And exhaust sounds like ****. The dealer says there is no problem. Hahahahah. Had to get better business bureau involved

1 - 7 of 7 Posts