Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed shortly after I bought my N that on the trailing edge of my hood by my driver side windshield wiper that there is about an inch long paint drip that isn't on the top of the hood but if you run your finger along the edge, you can feel it and see it, I thought about sanding it down but it doesn't bother me too much. Well, now I've found another one on my back passenger door at the bottom edge by the ground effect, this one is not quite a half inch long but is more on the surface instead where you can see it, this one bothers me more because it's on the surface paint. Anyone else have these?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Haven’t noticed any, but I’ll most definitely be taking a closer look the next time I wash my car.

As much as I love my N, the quality of the paint has been a pretty big letdown. I’ve only had my car for 3 weeks, and I’ve already got chipping/cracking inside one of the little recessed areas above the rear reflectors. I see no possible way for road debris or anything to have caused it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Haven’t noticed any, but I’ll most definitely be taking a closer look the next time I wash my car.

As much as I love my N, the quality of the paint has been a pretty big letdown. I’ve only had my car for 3 weeks, and I’ve already got chipping/cracking inside one of the little recessed areas above the rear reflectors. I see no possible way for road debris or anything to have caused it.
Gotcha, I'm afraid to look at my car very closely now, after that first spot I noticed, I sort of figured I would find more bad spots in the paint.

I'll be looking at my car in the spot you mentioned, I'm getting paranoid now, like you say, I can't imagine road debris causing your issues:sad:

Oh, I pressed the spot at the bottom of my passenger door with a finger nail and it's soft like there is air under it, not sure how I'm gonna handle it but I know I don't want a re-painted door, I might sand it off and use touch up paint on it. Damnn, I hate chit like this...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could you share photos with us? I would think Hyundai's warranty covers things like this.
Sorry for the late reply, I no longer use photo sharing sites and this site doesn't allow direct links to photos. Even if Hyundai covered it, I'd have to have a car that's had paint work, it might be able to be repaired without though, I'm planning on having someone look at it to get their thoughts first.

Another problem, today I was getting a bicycle pump out of my trunk and the nozzle from the pump flopped over and hit the paint right outside the trunk lid, it just barely hit it but I'll be damned if it didn't take a tiny chip of paint out about 1mm wide, paint is really fragile on these cars:(

·
Registered
876 Posts
Sorry about that, I understand.

Look at the paint code in the driver door jamb order it from your Hyundai Parts department and it will come in a pen form with paint on one, clear coat on the other and a leveling pen. Once you have the paint code in hand, you can generally find it on eBay as well. If you want me to look for you, just provide me with the paint code and I can provide you with the link.:smile:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a spot that paint didn't adhere on my driver side side skirt. It looks like they installed it too fast and some of the adhesive took the pieces off. Luckily it's just a gloss black since I have a white car so I am just going to puddle some touch up paint and pay my buddy to buff it down since he's more skilled and patient than me.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Sorry for the late reply, I no longer use photo sharing sites and this site doesn't allow direct links to photos. Even if Hyundai covered it, I'd have to have a car that's had paint work, it might be able to be repaired without though, I'm planning on having someone look at it to get their thoughts first.

Another problem, today I was getting a bicycle pump out of my trunk and the nozzle from the pump flopped over and hit the paint right outside the trunk lid, it just barely hit it but I'll be damned if it didn't take a tiny chip of paint out about 1mm wide, paint is really fragile on these cars:(
Hmm.. interesting... is having paint work done on a vehicle a bad thing? Hyundai approved a bumper repaint for me because I complained about a tiny chip from the factory. I'm wondering if I should follow through now...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hmm.. interesting... is having paint work done on a vehicle a bad thing? Hyundai approved a bumper repaint for me because I complained about a tiny chip from the factory. I'm wondering if I should follow through now...

It does go on record, although it's normally pretty clear it was a defect some people see that as a turn off. If you do go through with it, make sure they are capable of doing a good job matching it and everything so it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts