Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Been lurking on this forum for a while and finally decided to create an account since I've recently put a deposit for the 2021 Veloster N in Performance Blue in Manual.
It was SUPER hard to decide between the DCT and manual. I test drove both DCT and manual, while the DCT was fun and quick and would make sense for my wife to drive it IF she needed it. What I really wanted was a fun daily car, to do some spirited weekend drives, and go to the track for fun. Plus we got the minivan for my wife and kids.

I just loved how fun it is to drive this car. The pops and crackles gets me grinning every time! I was debating between the VN and the CTR, but it was hard to find one to test drive locally and online reviews raved so much about it that I thought it might be too good that it gets boring to drive. Also, the exhaust sounded flat and I would have to mod it to be comparable to the VN.

Anyways just want to introduce myself and hopefully see some other VN's around in Vancouver Canada!

·
Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
557 Posts
I was raised in Western Washington. Enjoy your new ride. I still enjoy mine every time I fire her up.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Been lurking on this forum for a while and finally decided to create an account since I've recently put a deposit for the 2021 Veloster N in Performance Blue in Manual.
It was SUPER hard to decide between the DCT and manual. I test drove both DCT and manual, while the DCT was fun and quick and would make sense for my wife to drive it IF she needed it. What I really wanted was a fun daily car, to do some spirited weekend drives, and go to the track for fun. Plus we got the minivan for my wife and kids.

I just loved how fun it is to drive this car. The pops and crackles gets me grinning every time! I was debating between the VN and the CTR, but it was hard to find one to test drive locally and online reviews raved so much about it that I thought it might be too good that it gets boring to drive. Also, the exhaust sounded flat and I would have to mod it to be comparable to the VN.

Anyways just want to introduce myself and hopefully see some other VN's around in Vancouver Canada!
Hi Everyone,

Fellow Vancouverite here. See ya around (OR) you may here me "pop" by LOL! 😁

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hey Kevin, also in Van, well, MapleRidge. Don’t own a VN yet but it should be very soon. Tested the DCT earlier this week, twice in one day as the morning was a little damp and it dried out later in the afternoon. Haven’t tested the manual yet but I drive a 2018 Si coup so I’m leaning towards the manual really.
Mike

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Kevin, also in Van, well, MapleRidge. Don’t own a VN yet but it should be very soon. Tested the DCT earlier this week, twice in one day as the morning was a little damp and it dried out later in the afternoon. Haven’t tested the manual yet but I drive a 2018 Si coup so I’m leaning towards the manual really.
Mike
Nice! I hope you put your order in! What colour are you leaning towards? The salesperson says I still got one more month before it arrives.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Nice! I hope you put your order in! What colour are you leaning towards? The salesperson says I still got one more month before it arrives.
I’m leaning towards the black with red trim. I may still need to wait a little though. They have the red one that I tested in the showroom now, it’s the DCT so it might be there for a while. To be honest, I’m still torn between the DCT and continuing to drive a manual. We’ll see.
Mike

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I test drove a red one in DCT at the Richmond auto mall. Had a little fun with it before they sold it a couple of days later haha. Then this past week I saw it again, female driver, and the license plate expiry matches the day that my sales guy said it was sold.

I was in the same boat. Really wanted DCT for traffic and for tracking, but I missed driving manual and my wife told me it's MY fun car. It's got rev-matching so it will suffice for when I'm on the track which also is just for fun and I am not reaching for the fastest lap. I also tell myself that the car should be a little lighter on the track haha.

We had the MK6 GTI with DSG and I rarely put it in Sport or used the paddles. So it was JUST an automatic most of the time. Also, I LOVE the exhaust on the VN in manual (test drove a used 2020 VN as well), the pops were so much louder than the DCT.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Well, it’s back to the dealership for me tomorrow lads. Looks like they are moving mountains to get me into this Red DCT. To be honest, I really like the DCT for what it is. Still love the manual but the Si has scratched that itch for a while. We’ll see, I may have a Veloster n for Christmas after all😉
Mike

·
Registered
131 Posts
Woo hoo, very happy for you mate. I don’t usually “strongly advise” anyone but one thing I came across that widened my eyes was Just how bad these tires are in the cold wet winter weather. I only drove around the block after washing the car on Monday and that was all I needed to see/feel. If you haven’t done so, you really should get her on some all weather tires, for your own safety 😉
Congrats
Mike

·
Registered
58 Posts
That's awesome...especially in the performance blue! Let me know how the stick works; took me a while to get used to going into 5th and 6th. Watch it out there today the weather is well "Vancouver" so the P Zeros will not be as 'sticky' in the weather here (I switched to 19" Enkei Raijins with Michelin Pilot A/S 4s, for my winter set-up and am just as happy with those tyres as I am with stock. Watch out for people wanting to race you off the line as well...a Camry tried it yesterday when we were at the lights....enjoy + congrats!!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Woo hoo, very happy for you mate. I don’t usually “strongly advise” anyone but one thing I came accords that widened my eyes. Just how bad these tires are in the cold wet winter weather. I only drove around the block after washing the car on Monday and that was all I needed to see/feel. If you haven’t done so, you really should get her on some all weather tires, for your own safety 😉
Congrats
Mike
Great comment Mike mate...I am now seriously considering selling my current wheels and P Zeros as I am thrilled with my current all-season set up!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Woo hoo, very happy for you mate. I don’t usually “strongly advise” anyone but one thing I came across that widened my eyes was Just how bad these tires are in the cold wet winter weather. I only drove around the block after washing the car on Monday and that was all I needed to see/feel. If you haven’t done so, you really should get her on some all weather tires, for your own safety 😉
Congrats
Mike

·
Registered
131 Posts
Great comment Mike mate...I am now seriously considering selling my current wheels and P Zeros as I am thrilled with my current all-season set up!
Looks like we both had the same themed idea. I really hope this summer tire doesn’t catch anyone out after just purchasing their new VN in the winter. If I had known how bad they were going to be in the colder weather, I would have ordered the winter wheels before even leaving the dealership.
Mike

·
Registered
58 Posts
Looks like we both had the same themed idea. I really hope this summer tire doesn’t catch anyone out after just purchasing their new VN in the winter. If I had known how bad they were going to be in the colder weather, I would have ordered the winter wheels before even leaving the dealership.
Mike
I was at the intersection of Main and 41st this time last year (in my old car), and saw a Veloster N rush the light to make a left turn....he made it but somehow managed to drift across into another lane! I already pre-ordered my N by then and made mental "note to self" to buy all-seasons after I saw this!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts