Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2019 smol PP
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had an annoying issue come up a few thousand miles ago that I want to take care of before it gets too hot outside.

Scenario is HVAC is off, temperature dial is max cold, recirculation is off. Ambient temp is fairly cool, anywhere from 50F-70F - I would expect cool air to come out the vents like it used to. Recently, I'm only getting hot air and the only way I've been dealing with it is keeping recirculation on, which is annoying as I like getting fresh air into the cabin. If I turn HVAC on I have the full range of temp control like normal (with and without A/C enabled) and still have full mode control of coming through vents, floor, windscreen, etc.

I don't know anything about HVAC but it sounds like I need to replace an actuator. From the googling I've done and checking the factory manual that's on Google Drive in the HVAC section, it sounds like the one I need to replace is the temperature control actuator (aka blend door actuator) to the left of the glovebox. Does this sound right?

·
Registered
2019 smol PP
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My car has been like this since I got it. It's very weird and I often just close the vents if I have the windows down.
That doesn't sound right to me. For most of my time owning this car (and every previous car I've owned) I've been able to control the temp of the ram air into the cabin. The cabin temp would naturally go up a bit if you're running the car hard or the ambient temp is high, but for cruising in mild weather the ram air used to be pretty cool.

·
Registered
26 Posts
That doesn't sound right to me. For most of my time owning this car (and every previous car I've owned) I've been able to control the temp of the ram air into the cabin. The cabin temp would naturally go up a bit if you're running the car hard or the ambient temp is high, but for cruising in mild weather the ram air used to be pretty cool.
A couple of my older exotics (diablo, f430, 512TR) all did this. My VN does it as well. I assumed its just a natural part of hot air from the engine moving throughout the car. Never sought out a fix.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Had an annoying issue come up a few thousand miles ago that I want to take care of before it gets too hot outside.

Scenario is HVAC is off, temperature dial is max cold, recirculation is off. Ambient temp is fairly cool, anywhere from 50F-70F - I would expect cool air to come out the vents like it used to. Recently, I'm only getting hot air and the only way I've been dealing with it is keeping recirculation on, which is annoying as I like getting fresh air into the cabin. If I turn HVAC on I have the full range of temp control like normal (with and without A/C enabled) and still have full mode control of coming through vents, floor, windscreen, etc.
Honestly this is normal for myself, you turned off the AC compressor and the HVAC isn't going to have any control to well adjust the temp so it likely won't do anything. I just assumed it's because whatever duct extracts air from outside is near the turbo, usually gets worse when I beat on the car and if just cruising around it'll be a little bit warmer than ambient temp.

The vehicle really holds heat in horribly well; that hood is sealed in tight and with the skid-thing underneath I suspect it can't evacuate much ambient heat very well.

·
Registered
2019 smol PP
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Honestly this is normal for myself, you turned off the AC compressor and the HVAC isn't going to have any control to well adjust the temp so it likely won't do anything. I just assumed it's because whatever duct extracts air from outside is near the turbo, usually gets worse when I beat on the car and if just cruising around it'll be a little bit warmer than ambient temp.

The vehicle really holds heat in horribly well; that hood is sealed in tight and with the skid-thing underneath I suspect it can't evacuate much ambient heat very well.
yeah but the issue is it's not just a bit warmer - it's full on hot. It's barely tolerable even when windows are down. and to reiterate, this only started recently; it was fine for the first 2.5 years, which is what leads me to think something isn't working anymore.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Take it to the dealership service and let them have the worries and stress. You’re simply not going to get a definitive answer here.

I personally do not have the issue. However, the best source to diagnose any warranted issue is the dealership.👍🇺🇸

·
Registered
2019 smol PP
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just to update: I was curious about testing this more a few days ago and everything seems like it's back to normal; getting coolish air through vents with ram air. No idea what changed - either it was fluke or maybe an actuator/door got stuck momentarily.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts