Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I am about to do my first oil change on my 2020 Manual Veloster N PP.
I will get the oil filter and washer from Hyundai Dealership, I also called them to ask which oil they suggest for the car.
Apparently in Canada, Vancouver, they recommend 0W30 Pennzoil Platinum Euro LX. Wondering if anyone has good review about that oil ?

Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
2019 smol PP
148 Posts
The manual has a few oil weight recommendations based on climate so just follow that and you'll be fine as long as the oil has the API SN starburst. I'm in California and stopped trying to find 0W-30 and settled for 5W-30 Pennzoil Ultra Platinum which is just fine. There are also a few oil threads if you search for them.

·
Registered
48 Posts
C E R M A

#ThankMeLater

·
Super Moderator
1,784 Posts
I use AmsOil 5W30 Signature Series and a Hyndai or Wix filter. I feel AmsOil offers the best protection for my engine since it was the first synthetic developed for the automotive industry. Also, Amsoil has not had to change their formulation due to the new oil standards. I use that with the CERMA. Cerma is only a one time application. Hope this helps you?

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm in Ontario , I use Pennzoil ultra platinum 5w-30 full synthetic , Recently using 0w-30 because its really cold here right now . But I run 5w-30 in the summer . For the 0w-30 Right now I have mobil 1 in there because it was on sale . Always use OEM oil filter .

·
Registered
41 Posts
I use the 0W-30 Pennzoil Platinum Euro LX all year round here in Ontario. I do 5 or 6 trackdays a year in summer and just change at the normal 6k interval, and everything's been going fine. It has a good viscosity index and HTHS (high temperature high shear) rating, and as far as I can tell is equivalent to the stock Shell 0W-30 recommended for the N's in Europe. It should be available at Canadian Tire.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I use AmsOil 5W30 Signature Series and a Hyndai or Wix filter. I feel AmsOil offers the best protection for my engine since it was the first synthetic developed for the automotive industry. Also, Amsoil has not had to change their formulation due to the new oil standards. I use that with the CERMA. Cerma is only a one time application. Hope this helps you?

Best regards,

-Mike
THIS ^^:) (y) OR Cerma 5W30.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. I’ll try the Pennzoil 0W30 platinum Euro LX then for my first oil change. It is not particularly cold in Vancouver, I was kind of wondering why not 5W30 but maybe I’ll change it in summer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts