Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I change my engine oil and filter on my 2020 VN+PP at 1550 miles. About a week later and about another 100 miles, I got a warning message which said I was due for an oil change in 25 miles. I realized that I had forgot to reset the system to say that I had changed the engine oil.
But, and this is my question, does the engine management system monitor your driving habits and remind you to changed your oil based on mileage (which would have be about 1650 miles, which is not near 3000 miles) or is it recording how hard you drive the car, based on your RPM at the higher end of the rev limit. So are they saying that hard driving is damaging the oil faster than normal driving, so you cannot wait until 3000 mile before the oil change. Thanks Dave

·
Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
551 Posts
I did not know this had an oil reminder. I did not see that while sloppily speed reading the manual. We have that on our Honda. Good to know.

·
Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
551 Posts
I see. Service interval. Turn it off. You probably pay enough attention to your cars to know when they need service.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts