Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hope this gives some reference to the community. Rainy day though :0

As someone here has mentioned, these drastically lighter rims (by feel) than the OEM rims makes the car feel more eager.

Ebay oem hyundai 433mhz tpms sensors are working fine
:)

235 40 18 hankook ventus v12 evo2 wheels, 40 psi x4

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
978 Posts
I so want the CF hood and fenders from So. Cal Garage Works. I think I am getting ahead of myself now. Lol.... It looks awesome!

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
1 Posts
Which lug nuts did you go with? I'm looking to get those same wheels and don't know which ones to get.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Which lug nuts did you go with? I'm looking to get those same wheels and don't know which ones to get.
I didn't put to much thought into it but I got these 12 x 1.5, spline, conical seat off Amazon

I ran into a problem where the inner wheel hub plastic ring thingy from the 19" oem was too small for the 18" Konig. I had to go to a rim store near by and purchase 4 for $37

·
Registered
9 Posts
Unfortunately I didn't weigh the hoods but id say 20 lbs lighter. I can easily pick the cf hood with a few fingers. The oem is a bit heavier
When I measured mine I believe it was about 13 lbs of a difference. The stock hood wasn't the easiest to hold so it's always possible I messed up my measurement.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Nice build, love the cf hood. I am really hoping to be bale to source one from Korea (hood scoop).
Fingers crossed...
OMG if you do let me know because I want that hood with the scoop as well!!! I've been looking at CF hoods and that one by far is my favorite

·
Registered
70 Posts
OMG if you do let me know because I want that hood with the scoop as well!!! I've been looking at CF hoods and that one by far is my favorite
Soooo.... long story short: Shipping is WAY too much for the hood. The hood itself is $800-$900 but with shipping services charging $1000 and more for the box this large of a size I am tapping out.
Hopefully we get a CF oem hood version from a US company that can import better than we can. I am really keen on vents or air inlet in my hood.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Soooo.... long story short: Shipping is WAY too much for the hood. The hood itself is $800-$900 but with shipping services charging $1000 and more for the box this large of a size I am tapping out.
Hopefully we get a CF oem hood version from a US company that can import better than we can. I am really keen on vents or air inlet in my hood.
Tork motorsport, Matt, hooked me up with 60 dollar shipping :eek:

he's on the vn Facebook group advertising a lot of deals if you just pm him

·
Super Moderator
978 Posts
Doesn't Gen Racer offer free shipping? If you contact Jeff, the owner he will help you out tremendously. He has great customer service and is a real nice guy! They sell the hood too.

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Doesn't Gen Racer offer free shipping? If you contact Jeff, the owner he will help you out tremendously. He has great customer service and is a real nice guy! They sell the hood too.

Best regards,

-Mike
that what I thought too because of the banner saying $199 free shipping but they specifically mention how shipping rates are fixed on their hoods

doesnt hurt to reach out to jeff i guess :O

·
Super Moderator
978 Posts
Ouch! That sucks cuz I want one too and GenRacer is the next state over. I may just go pick it up instead. Put down the rear seats and bring it home! :) Not till next season though. I did my last install for the year today. Car goes away for the winter in a few weeks. I AM buying their stage one clutch though to install for next season. The DP, clutch and I am done modding it.

Br,

-Mike

1 - 18 of 18 Posts