Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I purchased a 2020 VN in April, it has a SXTH element cold air intake and an HKS blow off valve that were already installed when I bought it. Yesterday the car was extremely lethargic when driving, and the boost pressure reading from the car's gauges wouldn't climb past 2-3 psi. I got inside the car and noticed the BOV was coming unbolted from the car and I could see a gasket/o-ring hanging out(see attached pictures). I got it off and noticed that the gasket/o-ring is tiny(see pic). I don't know if this was installed like this on purpose or what? I can't imagine that tiny piece of rubber is doing anything at all, please advise.

I think I've found the part #28234-2CTA4 for the oem valve that goes here but does anyone know if it will have the gasket/ring that I need that goes here? Does anyone know if I can order that piece separately?

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey guys,

I purchased a 2020 VN in April, it has a SXTH element cold air intake and an HKS blow off valve that were already installed when I bought it. Yesterday the car was extremely lethargic when driving, and the boost pressure reading from the car's gauges wouldn't climb past 2-3 psi. I got inside the car and noticed the BOV was coming unbolted from the car and I could see a gasket/o-ring hanging out(see attached pictures). I got it off and noticed that the gasket/o-ring is tiny(see pic). I don't know if this was installed like this on purpose or what? I can't imagine that tiny piece of rubber is doing anything at all, please advise.

I think I've found the part #28234-2CTA4 for the oem valve that goes here but does anyone know if it will have the gasket/ring that I need that goes here? Does anyone know if I can order that piece separately?
I should note,

I didn't know that the car had these parts already on it when I bought it because I'm an idiot. I'm currently trying to educate myself so thanks in advance if anyone can point me in the right direction.

·
Registered
2022 VN Racing Red 6mt
243 Posts
How did it end up with the wrong gasket? Doesn't the hks adapter come with the gasket pre-installed? Either way, it looks like you might have to purchase another adapter to get that gasket. They're like $60.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How did it end up with the wrong gasket?
I don't know, I think the hyundai dealership basically sabotaged it at this point? or maybe the person who sold it? I've only put 4k miles on the car, bought it at 37k. I didn't buy CPO and as I stated earlier I didn't even know the part was on the car when I bought it. They didn't even leave a key in the trunk for the fucking wheel locks. Lesson learned.

Doesn't the hks adapter come with the gasket pre-installed? Either way, it looks like you might have to purchase another adapter to get that gasket. They're like $60.
I was pretty sure before but from everyone else that has replied I'm 100% certain it is OEM.
Def not the right o ring and I don't believe you can buy the gasket separately. You might be SOL
The rubber seal in the picture is not the correct one. You need to order a OEM BOV seal.. Looks like it may not be available separate.
Does the part number in the OP appear at least to be the correct OEM BOV? lol, sorry if I'm being thick but I've honestly never done this before. That being said I'm having a blast learning about the car/maintenance and it's sure fun as **** driving so..

Thank you guys a lot for your replies I appreciate it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts