Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
@RedVN @QuasiSweetLew

gentlemen we believe to have found the issue..
I spoke with Luke from forge uk ( awesome person) yesterday we went over a few things to no change . Last night I was livid at this situation so I pulled the bumper and started checking the pipes and 90s for holes ( this should have been pointless being I smoked the full system) .. thankfully I’m doing so I saw that the bung that would hold the factory boost solenoid went all the way through into the pipe. So blocking that off I took the car back out. Felt better but still venting.. spoke with Luke again this morning and we ended the call with try a different bov and see if that fixes it and let him know .. he then calls back 5 min later with the answer to this problem..someone screwed the nipple for the vac line into the bung that’s closed off so it wasn’t able to get any boost pressure.. I will be putting the car back together shortly and will let y’all know if it worked

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
awesome! glad to hear it's fixed man. you get the JB4 wires switched around too?
Yeah I did soon as u confirmed it.. car definitely needs to be re done .. I did a single pass with the map 6 tune and it hit 24psi. I tried map 2 which should be 17 lbs and it’s hitting 20 now.. the new boost solenoid signal is probably different from stock thus causing higher psi..

·
Registered
2020 VN PP Chalk White
139 Posts
map 2 will hit 21-22 psi, map 1 will hit 20-21psi especially with the bigger plumbing you are running now. I daily mine in Map 1 rarely going to map 2.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Luke and I work together frequently. Glad to hear this fixed the be issue. Was ready to send you a new BOV.😃👍🇺🇸

The new boost Solenoid will provide considerably more control over boost. Don’t go crazy pushing that throttle now!🤣👍

41 - 48 of 48 Posts