Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I've finally decided to buy a Veloster N but only the non-PP is available in my country (PH). It sits on the price range very similar to the base WRX, and I'm in a toss up. My daily driver is a 1993 JDM WRX at 244km on the clock and it's still very much a ton of fun to drive. I don't do track or any auto cross, but as a physician-on-call, I do drive in harsh conditions often.

Being an AWD freak for all these years, I've been looking for a vehicle that IS not Subaru(haha PMS!)

Without that E-LSD is it still worth getting the base VN instead of it's competitors?

·
Super Moderator
791 Posts
It is still a fun car. It's a major upgrade from what you are driving now. I say go for it. I think you will really enjoy it.

Best regards,

-Mike

Reactions: wiewie

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hi guys, I've finally decided to buy a Veloster N but only the non-PP is available in my country (PH). It sits on the price range very similar to the base WRX, and I'm in a toss up. My daily driver is a 1993 JDM WRX at 244km on the clock and it's still very much a ton of fun to drive. I don't do track or any auto cross, but as a physician-on-call, I do drive in harsh conditions often.

Being an AWD freak for all these years, I've been looking for a vehicle that IS not Subaru(haha PMS!)

Without that E-LSD is it still worth getting the base VN instead of it's competitors?
Might be better off looking into the new ford focus or fiesta ST if they're available in your country. Bit nicer ride, bit nicer interiors, they have some sexy noises themselves, and they are amazingly sporty. Genuinly surprised with the new Fiesta st. I kind of want one myself. I wouldn't give up my PP for it, but if you cant get the PP theyre Genuinely good alternate competition.
Id stay away from modern wrx, ive heard bad things about them. Mostly the crazy rev hang, boring to drive, and a bit overpriced. Id also consider a VW GLI or GTI.
The N is a great Car but i wouldnt settle for a non PP if youre going to regret it in the long run. Only get it if you TRULY Have a love for the non PP because if you get one because you love the PP, then eventually you might be disappointed and have some buyers remorse. Take your time to test multiple cars and go with your gut after that. (y)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts