Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When new and in Sport Mode (not N or N Custom), I used to have quite the exhaust crackles off throttle as well as a good occasional single pop/bang when rev'd/shifted enthusiastically at higher RPM. Over the past 1-2k miles or so (now at ~6K), I've noticed that I don't get that anymore. Besides the exhaust bypass flap definitely being open and the sound being louder, it's pretty devoid of any other antics (read quite tame and less... fun sounding). I'd say the Sport Mode crackles are also quite muted if there at all. Put it in N/Custom and it's still all juvenile with the snaps, crackles, and pops. Seems like Sport Mode got less and less "vocal" over time. Anyone having similar experiences?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess I had bonus pops/bangs in sport mode then. I do miss them because they always made me laugh. I tend to drive in sport most often because it was more subtle than N yet still a bit playful. Now it’s sounding a bit too tame. Oh well.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I guess I had bonus pops/bangs in sport mode then. I do miss them because they always made me laugh. I tend to drive in sport most often because it was more subtle than N yet still a bit playful. Now it’s sounding a bit too tame. Oh well.
I've grown to like sport mode better myself. Sport+ or N mode is a little too jumpy and lurchy for normal driving imo. Especially in low speed situations like parking lots.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
I've grown to like sport mode better myself. Sport+ or N mode is a little too jumpy and lurchy for normal driving imo. Especially in low speed situations like parking lots.
Why not use N Custom, lower the throttle response, but keep the exhaust in its loudest mode?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Why not use N Custom, lower the throttle response, but keep the exhaust in its loudest mode?
No particular reason. Less button clicks. I currently have my n custom set up like that but with normal exhaust. As much as I like the exhaust, it's a little much sometimes. People also act up around me with it in its loudest mode. Try and race me or aggressively box me out. I'm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts