Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been searching the forums and haven’t found this topic yet.

I am seeing anyone has rolled fenders andfor the purpose of having wider/more sticky tires but with no change in camber.
Is this possible?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I personally think camber is more beneficial then extremely wide tires. Without camber u will chew out ur outer tires extremely quick. I did 1 track day n I've noticed my outer edge is wearing way faster then inner. My vn is bone stock. My next upgrade is camber adjustment.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I did six track days on these tires and the inners were much more worn than the outside edge.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Automotive design

Of course, these are tracks tires, I probably was on the high end of the inflation range and my DCT has -1.7 degrees of camber up front.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I guess everyone has a different preference with tire pressure....cause my track instructor like his high too. He said da tire doesn't deform as much. But I prefer mine lower. 35F 33R hot. I guess cold would be -7 each. I'll take pic to show u mine wear.

·
Registered
2020 Veloster N PP
39 Posts
I looked up the recommended pressure at Tire Pressure Calculator after changing my wheel and tire size (245r18x40). The new tire had a different load rating 97Y as well. Ended up about 7 psi lower. This sets off the TPMS alert (anyone know if I can adjust the threshold?). Not sure how accurate this is but it's what I used as a starting point. Next step for me is to take a thermometer to the tires if I can remember to bring it. I'm a noob to all of this though so just take my comments as anecdotes!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts