Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday someone told me that it was just released that their would not be any 2023 model year VNs? I know that was a popular prediction but no one knew forsure? I've searched forums and on Google, YouTube etc. And can't find anything recent or of that news being released official.. so maybe that guy that told me that yesterday doesn't know what he's talking about? I have mixed emotions with the idea of that because I want the VN community to keep growing and them making more parts and what not. But on the other hand if that is true and their are no 2023s at all then it makes me feel even better that I just recently got my new 2022 ultra black M/T VN and if I keep it nice and hold onto it for quite a while (which i planned on anyways) then it could be worth even more years down the road. What are you guys thoughts? Is it officially dead / moving to RM 20 and I just couldn't find the info?

·
Registered
24 Posts
No real reason why it would continue past MY2022. The EN and KN are effectively the VN's replacement. I'm actually surprised that there was even a MY2022, knowing that its presence overlaps with its own successors. And the fact that sales fell sharply due to COVID. That being said, I'm glad I picked up a 22 6MT in white when I had the chance.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Yesterday someone told me that it was just released that their would not be any 2023 model year VNs? I know that was a popular prediction but no one knew forsure? I've searched forums and on Google, YouTube etc. And can't find anything recent or of that news being released official.. so maybe that guy that told me that yesterday doesn't know what he's talking about? I have mixed emotions with the idea of that because I want the VN community to keep growing and them making more parts and what not. But on the other hand if that is true and their are no 2023s at all then it makes me feel even better that I just recently got my new 2022 ultra black M/T VN and if I keep it nice and hold onto it for quite a while (which i planned on anyways) then it could be worth even more years down the road. What are you guys thoughts? Is it officially dead / moving to RM 20 and I just couldn't find the info?
Who was the someone?👍🇺🇸

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Read thoroughly!

Otherwise no one knows.👍🇺🇸
Yeah I'm familiar with that article and I know it says 2023 RM20N but it seems like we wouldn't get an RM until 2024 model year at the soonest seems like a good guess. And obviously I know "all velosters killed except high performance VN for 2022" None the less I'm just curious about weather or not their will actually be 2023 VNs at all? If they'll continue it for another year with 2023s. Or maybe just smaller numbers of "left overs" or w.e. you wanna call it like other cars have done in the past. Or if 2022s are actually the end of it and its replaced with EN? I know that there is a lot of speculation but I was jw if any official word on it yet? I guess that's a no and the "random" guy that mentioned "discontinuation confirmed" to me yesterday didn't know what he was talking about or perhaps was just messing with me. Who knows

·
Registered
2022 Golf R DSG, 2002 Sentra SER Spec-V
35 Posts
They sell less than 3000 Velosters in USA/Canada per year so that's why they are discontinued. In Canada nobody wants them. They sit on lots for 3-6 months usually before they get sold and they are discounted. The Elantra N will replace it.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Multiple dealers have confirmed that the 2023 Veloster N doesn't exist in their system, while all the other models have a 2023 version.
Doesn’t exist because it’s to far out for them. It‘s only the second quarter of the 2022 year production. They don’t get any notification of allocations from Hyundai, until the 4th quarter production of the previous model year. This is well know throughout the US, with any car manufacturer baring Porsche and a few other high end manufactures.

As a matter of fact, dealerships can’t/won’t start taking orders or deposits until such allocations are provided. These allocations, are the manufacturers to dealerships acknowledgement to start the ordering process. It’s just the way it works in the automotive industry.👍🇺🇸

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
They sell less than 3000 Velosters in USA/Canada per year so that's why they are discontinued. In Canada nobody wants them. They sit on lots for 3-6 months usually before they get sold and they are discounted. The Elantra N will replace it.
I don’t find anything on the internet or thru our local dealerships that supports such commentary.

On the contrary, every VN that has been produced in the US from its inception in 2019, has been sold very quickly, as long as it doesn’t have a fair market value increase attached. Our Local dealerships sold all there allocations especially the 2022‘s before they had them in hand.

Likewise, do a search for availability and you see that the 2022 models priced at MSRP have already been sold. It’s easily available. I can understand why they may still be on dealership lots in Canada but in the US this a totally different story.

The Elantra N is not a replacement but an addition to the N Performance model line. Just as it was originally planned by Albert Biermann and the N-Performance Division, in 2019. Just as the Kona N, Elantra N, Tucson N and RM20. The only Veloster which has been dropped by Hyundai, is the Veloster in it’s various trims.

Please for the sake of the accuracy and the members, inform everyone where such official information has come from. That I’m aware of, there‘s no information to support the commentary.👍🇺🇸

·
Registered
28 Posts
Doesn’t exist because it’s to far out for them. It‘s only the second quarter of the 2022 year production. They don’t get any notification of allocations from Hyundai, until the 4th quarter production of the previous model year. This is well know throughout the US, with any car manufacturer baring Porsche and a few other high end manufactures.

As a matter of fact, dealerships can’t/won’t start taking orders or deposits until such allocations are provided. These allocations, are the manufacturers to dealerships acknowledgement to start the ordering process. It’s just the way it works in the automotive industry.👍🇺🇸
It's not too far out, the Veloster N 2022 came out 11 months ago. Again, all models except the Veloster has a 2023 model in their system.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Show us, none of the local dealerships have 2023 allocations.

It’s easy enough to verify. I’m mass emailing an calling other dealership out of state. 15 different state dealerships so far have no allocations for any 2023 models. 50 calls or emails to fifty states, with one dealership per state.

Additionally, calling Hyundai USA Corporate to ask when the 2023 allocations are release. Will know in a few minutes.👍🇺🇸

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Hyundai Corporate says; 2023 MY (all models) Hyundai’s Dealer Allocations, earliest is end of September (beginning of the 4th quarter current production year). This has been verified so far by, 20 separate state dealerships.

I’ve asked Hyundai Corporate to follow up the phone call, with email confirmation as well.👍🇺🇸

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hyundai Corporate says; 2023 MY (all models) Hyundai’s Dealer Allocations, earliest is end of September (beginning of the 4th quarter current production year). This has been verified so far by, 20 separate state dealerships.

I’ve asked Hyundai Corporate to follow up the phone call, with email confirmation as well.👍🇺🇸
So you're telling me that there were dealers that got their first Veloster N 2022 back in June 2021, but they could not have allocations for them until September 2021, which is 3 months after the car was release. Makes zero sense to me.

What about all those 2023 cars I can reserve on Hyundai Canada's website? All those cars have a "Coming in Summer 2022" tag. Are you telling me that the dealers really doesn't have them in their system yet?

Car Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle Wheel

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
That’s right, I’m telling you what Hyundai Corporate US and 50 dealerships in 50 separate states are telling me now, today. What the dealerships are telling me, mirrors exactly what Hyundai Corporate has told me. We aren’t commenting to hypothetical rumors.

I think your simply seeing is what Hyundai Canada is projecting as 2023 MY and gauging interest and contacts they can distribute to dealerships in your area.

What we are talking about here is the reality of MY2023 dealership allocations for the VN.
Do you see any advertisement of 2023 Hyundais here?

This also determines what models will actually be available from Hyundai during this MY2023, until released by Hyundai the official media source.

Hyundai factories haven't even tooled up for a new MY either. Yet without doubt, you’re telling everyone, a 2023 VN won’t be manufactured and Elantra N is taking its place. Hyundai has never published this but has produced information to the contrary.

No one, including either of us knows anything, except what Hyundai media and marketing has or will release. You’re engaging in a rumor that’s it.👍🇺🇸

·
Registered
28 Posts
I’m telling you what Hyundai Corporate and 50 dealerships in 50 separate states are telling me now, today. What the dealerships are telling me, mirrors exactly what Hyundai Corporate has told me. We aren’t commenting to hypothetical gossip.
Sure would like to see your exact question and their exact response as it sure sounds like they're talking about 2023 manufactured cars, not 2023 MY.

I think your simply seeing is what Hyundai Canada is projecting as 2023 MY and gauging interest and contacts they can distribute to dealerships in your area.
I can put a 500$ deposit on any of those 2023 cars, doesn't sound like they're "gauging interest" to me. Also, there's still that "Summer 2022" tag.

Do you see any advertisement of 2023 Hyundais here?
I do actually. Right here. Not sure what was your point? Hyundai Canada is as reliable as a source than Hyundai USA. Again, there's the "Coming Summer 2022" tag.
Car Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle

Hyundai factories haven't even tooled up for a new MY either.
Any source for that? Summer 2022 is in a month...

Yet without doubt, you’re telling everyone, a 2023 VN won’t be manufactured and Elantra N is taking its place.
I said neither of those things in this thread. All I said is, and I quote: "Multiple dealers have confirmed that the 2023 Veloster N doesn't exist in their system, while all the other models have a 2023 version."

Hyundai has never published this but has produced information to the contrary.
Don't think anyone has claimed that the Elantra N or Kona N were a direct sucessor, some only claims they might be a replacement. Like the Venue is a replacement for the Accent, yet it isn't a direct successor. Oh and I found this interesting offcial Hyundai quote from last year: "Veloster 2.0, 2.0 Premium, R-Spec, Turbo and Ultimate – Discontinued due to expanded SUV lineup that includes Venue and Kona.".

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Sure would like to see your exact question and their exact response as it sure sounds like they're talking about 2023 manufactured cars, not 2023 MY.

I can put a 500$ deposit on any of those 2023 cars, doesn't sound like they're "gauging interest" to me. Also, there's still that "Summer 2022" tag.

I do actually. Right here. Not sure what was your point? Hyundai Canada is as reliable as a source than Hyundai USA. Again, there's the "Coming Summer 2022" tag.
View attachment 9012

Any source for that? Summer 2022 is in a month...

I said neither of those things in this thread. All I said is, and I quote: "Multiple dealers have confirmed that the 2023 Veloster N doesn't exist in their system, while all the other models have a 2023 version."

Don't think anyone has claimed that the Elantra N or Kona N were a direct sucessor, some only claims they might be a replacement. Like the Venue is a replacement for the Accent, yet it isn't a direct successor.
Hyundai USA doesn’t period. I don’t live in Canada. Moot point!

Both questions actually but I’m not recording the discussions for posterity.

I will post what Hyundai Corporate emails to me thought.

No real reason why it would continue past MY2022. The EN and KN are effectively the VN's replacement.
My apologies, I misquoted but it has been commented too and rumored in this thread.

What dealership are you referring to specifically in Canada? Who have you contacted directly?

Are you putting the deposit down thru a specific dealership or to Hyundai Canada direct? Sounds suspiciously like it to me. $500 is a standard deposit for any hold. It’s not an order. Have you actually talked to several (more than two) Canadian Dealerships and ask them if they’ve received their 2023 allocations?

Isn't it reasonable to say; Hyundai Canada doesn’t know or have all the 2023 models available or listed yet? Why jump to a specific conclusionswhen they might not have received all MY model confirmations yet?

For The US, the 2023 Palisade is not available yet, according to our local Hyundai Dealerships. Nor have they received any allocations either. Haven't done any further research at this point as we’re talking about the VN.👍🇺🇸

·
Registered
28 Posts
I will post what Hyundai Corporate emails to me thought.
(y)

What dealership are you referring to specifically in Canada? Who have you contacted directly?
No one directly. Multiple people working for US dealers have come forward on the internet, not directly to me. Might not be "reliable sources", but I personally believe it, there's certainly no motive to lie about it.

Are you putting the deposit down thru a specific dealership or to Hyundai Canada direct? Sounds suspiciously like it to me. $500 is a standard deposit for any hold. It’s not an order.
It's on the Hyundai Canada website, but you do have to select a specific dealer.

Isn't it reasonable to say; Hyundai Canada doesn’t know or have all the 2023 models available or listed yet? Why jump to a specific conclusionswhen they might not have received all MY model confirmations yet?
It would be reasonable yes, but if you ask me, the writing is on the walls.

For The US, the 2023 Palisade is not available yet, according to our local Hyundai Dealerships. Nor have they received any allocations either. Haven't done any further research at this point as we’re talking about the VN.
Yeah, they are not available yet, but to me "Summer 2022" sounds like they could be available in July. Allocations or not, the car should be in their system somewhere no? No clue, never worked for a dealership.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts