Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I get the feeling I'm going to be suing them unfortunately based on my follow ups. I'm no longer getting the "we didn't touch it". I'm just getting avoided and hope the problem goes away. Considering the lying and deception side of it too, I'll probably be filing a report with the attorney general and DMV. I'll give it until the end of this week then I'm going scorched earth on them.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Just stay calm and collected. Let them know what you're moving forward with. Filing with the Attorney General's Office is a good thing to do also. You can also file a complaint with the Consumer Protection Agency;
They did touch it. Why would they have made it a point to specifically show you the bolt? Even to hand it to you.

Did you speak to the owner directly?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Just stay calm and collected. Let them know what you're moving forward with. Filing with the Attorney General's Office is a good thing to do also. You can also file a complaint with the Consumer Protection Agency;
They did touch it. Why would they have made it a point to specifically show you the bolt? Even to hand it to you.

Did you speak to the owner directly?
Turns out it's a franchise and the manager won't provide me with the owner's information. Only a first name. I was considering small claims since Nevada has a 10k limit but now I think I'll hire a lawyer and really go after them. Regardless, the owner's information can be had by contacting the county. I'm really getting angry at this point.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
What's the franchise, I can do a corporate search and find it. Don't' get angry if you can help it. It won't help you emotionally. Realize, they're going to have to pay for it one way or the other.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
What's the franchise, I can do a corporate search and find it. Don't' get angry if you can help it. It won't help you emotionally. Realize, they're going to have to pay for it one way or the other.
It's a meineke and yes I know I'm an idiot for going there. They did the brakes and fluids on my older car all to my satisfaction. It is actually this guy right Here but his contact information through the county lookup is just another meineke location. His actual company name is RAI auto investments. He is well hidden from any sort of public contact. Which is a shame because he may actually be a very reasonable individual for all I know. I've never been in a situation like this before and am honestly shocked at how little consumer protections there actually are.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Stuff like this is why I dread going to a mechanic like some people dread the doctor. Every single time I take a vehicle into a shop for something I can't handle myself, something bad always comes up. I never walk away without something broken that wasn't before I drove in.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Turns out it's a franchise and the manager won't provide me with the owner's information. Only a first name. I was considering small claims since Nevada has a 10k limit but now I think I'll hire a lawyer and really go after them. Regardless, the owner's information can be had by contacting the county. I'm really getting angry at this point.
Sorry to double-reply, but if you're here in Nevada, go to the DMV and ask for OBL. They are in control of licensing all dealers, shops and garages in NV. Tell them you want to file an official complaint against the shop and want their information so you can file a lawsuit. Part of their job is working with CED (DMV Police, essentially) to enforce automotive law in the state.

Edit: Occupational & Business Licensing

OBL Offices

Carson City
555 Wright Way
Carson City, NV 89711-0400
8a-5p M-F | Get Map
(775) 684-4690

Henderson
1399 American Pacific Dr.
Henderson, NV 89074
8a-5p M-F | Get Map
(702) 486-1371

Las Vegas - East Sahara
2621 E. Sahara Ave.
Las Vegas, NV 89104-4136
8a-5p M-F | Get Map
(702) 486-4930

Las Vegas - West Flamingo
8250 W. Flamingo Rd.
Las Vegas, NV 89147-4111
8a-4:30p M-F | Get Map
(702) 486-8620

Reno
9155 Double Diamond Parkway
Reno, NV 89521
8a-5p M-F | Get Map
(775 684-3564

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
It's a meineke and yes I know I'm an idiot for going there. They did the brakes and fluids on my older car all to my satisfaction. It is actually this guy right Here but his contact information through the county lookup is just another meineke location. His actual company name is RAI auto investments. He is well hidden from any sort of public contact. Which is a shame because he may actually be a very reasonable individual for all I know. I've never been in a situation like this before and am honestly shocked at how little consumer protections there actually are.
No your not, you simply trusted them. Don't berate yourself, it's not necessary. We all make our fair share of mistakes and learn from them. I'll get the info from corporate listings, if you need it.

Meineke Corporate Office Headquarters
Address:
128 S. Tryon St., Ste. 900
Charlotte, NC 28202 USA
Corporate Phone Number: 1-704-377-8855
Fax Number: 1-704-377-1490
Customer Service Number: 1-800-447-3070

His personal contact information is listed on Linkedin

Ted Rippey
SVP of Franchise Development

Jeff Todd
VP of Development

Devin Hughes
Director of Franchise Sales

Adriana Crisp
Resale Manager

Eric McLauchlin
Resale Manager

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Sorry to double-reply, but if you're here in Nevada, go to the DMV and ask for OBL. They are in control of licensing all dealers, shops and garages in NV. Tell them you want to file an official complaint against the shop and want their information so you can file a lawsuit. Part of their job is working with CED (DMV Police, essentially) to enforce automotive law in the state.

Edit: Occupational & Business Licensing

OBL Offices

Carson City
555 Wright Way
Carson City, NV 89711-0400
8a-5p M-F | Get Map
(775) 684-4690

Henderson
1399 American Pacific Dr.
Henderson, NV 89074
8a-5p M-F | Get Map
(702) 486-1371

Las Vegas - East Sahara
2621 E. Sahara Ave.
Las Vegas, NV 89104-4136
8a-5p M-F | Get Map
(702) 486-4930

Las Vegas - West Flamingo
8250 W. Flamingo Rd.
Las Vegas, NV 89147-4111
8a-4:30p M-F | Get Map
(702) 486-8620

Reno
9155 Double Diamond Parkway
Reno, NV 89521
8a-5p M-F | Get Map
(775 684-3564
Thank you.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
The above information is current and accurate.
Thanks Red. It's now got the attention of their corporate office and my case will supposedly be handled by the regional vp who very well may be one of the names above. She wouldn't tell me his name or number.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
You're most welcome!!! Hot damn!!! It's a start.:) (y)

All the best in this corrective action and endeavor. I'd really like to see them held accountable for the damage and repair. Hopefully one for the little guys!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
I'm at war with them and my car has only 4500 miles. I've been absolutely sick over it. I never even got to enjoy mine at all. Started screwing up the day after I brought it home.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
You're most welcome!!! Hot damn!!! It's a start.:) (y)

All the best in this corrective action and endeavor. I'd really like to see them held accountable for the damage and repair. Hopefully one for the little guys!!
This situation has left me with absolutely no faith that anyone will do the right thing. So my interaction with someone from Meineke corporate was now clearly just a formality. They won't return any calls and nothing they said would occur has occured. They haven't even spoken once to the dealer who has my car. Fine. I get it, they're a sleezeball corporation trying to cover their mistakes. Now I'm literally stuck because for some unfathomable reason I can not get the dealership to put in writing what they verbally told me. Not even a document stating "this is what we found and this is why you need a new transmission". Just the run around. They jumped all over getting the part though which I got them to lower the price and I may have the car back this week. The real kicker was that I got an e-mail this morning presumably from their sales manager saying there's a high demand for my car and they want to offer to buy it from me for 10k less than I paid after I pay them 6k to fix it.

I need something on paper from the dealer more than anything else right now as supporting documentation to move forward with any legitimate action. The cost of a lawyer at $275 per hour whom I "may" be able to recover fees from in court is not worth it imo. If I were to lose I could be on the hook for like 20k between the car and both sides attorneys. Small claims looks like the way to go but I must admit it's confusing. Total BS.

·
Registered
274 Posts
This situation has left me with absolutely no faith that anyone will do the right thing. So my interaction with someone from Meineke corporate was now clearly just a formality. They won't return any calls and nothing they said would occur has occured. They haven't even spoken once to the dealer who has my car. Fine. I get it, they're a sleezeball corporation trying to cover their mistakes. Now I'm literally stuck because for some unfathomable reason I can not get the dealership to put in writing what they verbally told me. Not even a document stating "this is what we found and this is why you need a new transmission". Just the run around. They jumped all over getting the part though which I got them to lower the price and I may have the car back this week. The real kicker was that I got an e-mail this morning presumably from their sales manager saying there's a high demand for my car and they want to offer to buy it from me for 10k less than I paid after I pay them 6k to fix it.

I need something on paper from the dealer more than anything else right now as supporting documentation to move forward with any legitimate action. The cost of a lawyer at $275 per hour whom I "may" be able to recover fees from in court is not worth it imo. If I were to lose I could be on the hook for like 20k between the car and both sides attorneys. Small claims looks like the way to go but I must admit it's confusing. Total BS.
I totally feel.you. I cant even find a lawyer to represent me. and I'm getting nowhere with corporate. and the bbb cant get anywhere with them either. I'm lost in what to do myself. I've got so much evidence. Even the dash cam of the dealer saying there is problems with mine. Even tho they wont admit it to me. Keep in touch with me maybe we can figure something out

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
This situation has left me with absolutely no faith that anyone will do the right thing. So my interaction with someone from Meineke corporate was now clearly just a formality. They won't return any calls and nothing they said would occur has occured. They haven't even spoken once to the dealer who has my car. Fine. I get it, they're a sleazeball corporation trying to cover their mistakes. Now I'm literally stuck because for some unfathomable reason I can not get the dealership to put in writing what they verbally told me. Not even a document stating "this is what we found and this is why you need a new transmission". Just the run around. They jumped all over getting the part though which I got them to lower the price and I may have the car back this week. The real kicker was that I got an e-mail this morning presumably from their sales manager saying there's a high demand for my car and they want to offer to buy it from me for 10k less than I paid after I pay them 6k to fix it.

Have you files a consumer protection action against the company?

Maybe, is always the case when you go to court with a lawyer. You have to rely upon a judge and jury to deliberate a satisfactory settlement. Small claims is the place to take the individual business, along with any and all documentation, photos & witnesses you can muster. Your past service and inspections at the dealership service department are a start. They can print them out for you from the service computer database.

Dealerships are generally, not wanting involve themselves in legal matters other than their own. However, it doesn't cost anything to take it to small claims court, unless you desire legal representation. Sure, they want the car because they know they are able to get a premium price off your loss. You can't negotiate with them either on the price either.

Meineke has a multitude of complaints against them with BBB and other agencies, they aren't about to or are interested in helping the individual who has problems with one of their franchises.

I'm a bit dismayed at the actions of the mechanic and business.
Sad state of affairs and I'm truly sorry you had to experience it first hand.😖

41 - 60 of 79 Posts