Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Most of VW's GTI models have been getting detuned, so I don't know if this is anything but speculation. A jump of 80hp is substantial and not something we often see from one MY to the next.

·
Registered
65 Posts
If it is true this is going to raise pricing of their performance models greatly. The market seems to be shifting to more value oriented hot hatches.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sure people want the most bang for their buck, but badge bias is still a factor in this class. There are a lot of new candidates joining, but they don't have the same established credibility as segment leaders.

·
Banned
127 Posts
Most of VW's GTI models have been getting detuned, so I don't know if this is anything but speculation. A jump of 80hp is substantial and not something we often see from one MY to the next.
Difference isn't going to made up by tuning either. The rest is just speculation.

The DTUK Tuner will easily make up the difference with an added 40+ hp and 70 ft lbs of torque. However you can't purchase a Honda Civic Type R for under 38K. With the Hyundai Veloster N, you most certainly can. Besides the Ford Focus RS has got them all beat hands down.

All bench racing aside, you gentleman might quit the speculating and buy one, so you can see for yourselves. I find it quite humorous that," you all want to talk the talk but as soon as the VN is released you all don't want to walk the walk" and disappear. What happen did you lose your interest already?:grin:

Blessings and Peace

1 - 8 of 8 Posts