Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4 years ago I traded in my 2010 3.8L Genesis Coupe for a 2016 4 door Honda Civic Touring. At first there was zero regrets. I was done spending money on the car. I wanted to start a family. I wanted a better car in the winter. Blah blah boring!

Fast forward 4 years and my life is totally different. So I've been watching YouTube videos for 2 weeks straight on this car and I was blown away. I was going to buy a TypeR. But why?! This Veloster N caught my eye. The blue scared me, I wasn't sure it was for me. But having white for years sucked. The dirt alone was enough.

I went to Mississauga Hyundai in Ontario Canada today and was able to purchase this car and I'm stoked. The dealership staff were great. They listened to my sad life stories while hiding behind covid masks. The blue one that I got is still in Korea. It was for the manager of the dealership. Well not anymore. Estimated delivery is July 15th. (I didnt even test drive one of these, bought it based on opinions of others)

Looking forward to chatting with you all. I'm sure I'll be asking quite a few questions. Like. How do I drive stick again ? :D

Mark

·
Registered
132 Posts
Welcome! My previous ride was also a 2010 Gen Coupe 3.8 GT. While I do miss some of the refined features of the Genesis marque, the VN has been great and just as fun to drive (if not more fun!).

·
Registered
107 Posts
Congrats! Did you get a 2021 model? If so, manual or DCT? I’m really curious how the DCT performs in the real world.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats! Did you get a 2021 model? If so, manual or DCT? I’m really curious how the DCT performs in the real world.
I got a 2020. I really wanted stick again. I get the bonuses of the DCT but I just enjoy stick.

·
Super Moderator
1,557 Posts
Welcome aboard, Fusion! I had to say hello since my last car was a Ford Fusion 2.0L turbo. :) Have fun, this is a great place to learn from.

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome aboard, Fusion! I had to say hello since my last car was a Ford Fusion 2.0L turbo. :) Have fun, this is a great place to learn from.

Best regards,

-Mike
Thanks Mike.

I've used Fusion for 23 years long before the word fusion became cars and razors and everything else. It was my playstation nickname and everything. My plate is even FU5ION also Haha.

It's just stuck with me over the years.

Cant wait to get my car. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions. Take care.

Mark

·
Super Moderator
1,557 Posts
Any questions, ask away. We are all here to help.

Br,

-Mike

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well looks like my car literally missed the boat from Korea. Was meant to be in by now. Dealership doesnt have a clue where it is

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Maybe it's getting sent to BC for me. I'm waiting on my factory order blue too.
They sent me this photo so I wouldnt go pull my deal and go to a dealership that had one. They tried to say this was at the dock. I'm like. That's either at your dealership or Rexdale. The stickers for leasing in the windows and the plate cover. Then he was like oh ah this is one of 2 we had coming. I'm like but you told me there was only 1. And rushed me through the deal. A deal that was already done in my head. No sales tactics needed for me. Anyways. Enough of my ranting. Just dont get why they think they have to lie and be scumbags. Oh.... the photos is geotagged. Lol

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well guys. It looks like my deal has fallen through and I wont be getting my car. I'll probably have to wait until 2021 now. This is just sad.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wow all of a sudden they have a car but wont allow me to walk away from the deal. Even though they missed the delivery date and still cant give me a delivery date. Even got yelled at by the sales manager got told that i could see him in court If it wasnt a 2k deposit I would have just walked.

The dealership manager was nicer. Still wouldnt allow me to walk away with the 2k. He said he would sweeten the deal.

I'm just annoyed I've been dicked around. Lied too. And they wont let me walk away. Really ruined my experience.

Mississauga Hyundai. Fyi to anyone thinking of going there.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Smh id call the bank for that 2k at that point lol
U should call Hyundai assurance, as they have a 3 day return policy no questions asked and you havnt even received the car yet so it should apply

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm curious to know OP if you were able to negotiate any sort of discount on the car you ordered? I'm about to place my deposit tomorrow and attempt to negotiate something... but was told right off the bat that these cars aren't being discounted (Canada) because they sell just fine without discounting them. (I don't need to know a dollar figure, just whether or not there was wiggle room for you to negotiate on price.) My best offer was MSRP and free window tinting...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts