Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I got my '21 Veloster N DCT about 3 weeks back and I have around 1k miles on it. I was wondering when the first service is due? Service due keeps popping up on my dash. I asked my dealer and they say about 5k miles should be good.
So just curious what's the general idea in this group is.
Thanks for all answers! Cheers

·
Registered
522 Posts
Hey guys I got my '21 Veloster N DCT about 3 weeks back and I have around 1k miles on it. I was wondering when the first service is due? Service due keeps popping up on my dash. I asked my dealer and they say about 5k miles should be good.
Welcome!
The manual specifies different intervals depending on how you drive and the environment in which you live. Some opt for a first oil change as early as 1k miles, others around 2k-3.5k miles, and others wait until 5k. Can’t hurt to change it a bit early, but probably not really necessary either.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I had both my transmission oil and engine oil changed at 2500 miles. Both were very dirty. The transmission fluid was a black sludge but that's another matter. I don't think I'd change the tranny fluid in a DCT so early. Probably every 30k or so. I really wouldn't go more than 3k in a reasonably high compression turbo 4 cylinder. Especially if you like to have fun with it (we all do).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome!
The manual specifies different intervals depending on how you drive and the environment in which you live. Some opt for a first oil change as early as 1k miles, others around 2k-3.5k miles, and others wait until 5k. Can’t hurt to change it a bit early, but probably not really necessary either.
Right! Thank you! I was thinking around 2-3k too! Don't want to stretch it too much!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had both my transmission oil and engine oil changed at 2500 miles. Both were very dirty. The transmission fluid was a black sludge but that's another matter. I don't think I'd change the tranny fluid in a DCT so early. Probably every 30k or so. I really wouldn't go more than 3k in a reasonably high compression turbo 4 cylinder. Especially if you like to have fun with it (we all do).
Agreed! I have been absolutely loving the car! And it feels awesome when you get the appreciation of how lovely the beast looks! Haha!

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT Perfomance Blue
9 Posts
The Manual specificly says every 6000 miles or every 6 months. Im at 5600 miles and going in for my first service. The car sounds and runs better now at 5600 miles then it did at 10 miles. I spoke to two service advisors this is also what they said.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Manual specificly says every 6000 miles or every 6 months. Im at 5600 miles and going in for my first service. The car sounds and runs better now at 5600 miles then it did at 10 miles. I spoke to two service advisors this is also what they said.
Interesting! Thanks for sharing your experience!

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
5K sever normal duty, 3K sever duty, are the Hyundai services interval for most of their cars and SUVs. Personally, I wouldn't run the oil anymore than 5K as it's a synthetic blend. If you want fully synthetic you have to ask for it.

Go into the drivers menu between the gauges and you can reset the maintenance schedule for whatever you want it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
How would you guys go about requesting full synthetic for a dealership oil change under the complimentary maintenance plan? My email to the dealership was requesting to know what oil will be utilized during my oil change and to put a note not to wash the car. The response was "the oil change will be free and I will go ahead and note not to detail the car.". Obviously the scheduler is not privy to anything about oil changes and is not the person to get through on this but who else?

·
Registered
327 Posts
The service manager stated I would simply pay the difference between a full synthetic and a synthetic blend if I wanted. I opted to just buy amsoil online and provide it to them for use. The service manager himself actually recommended amsoil. Talked about how his father ran an experiment with it running a truck over 20k miles and the oil still looked and tested great.

·
Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
391 Posts
I just hit 4k miles after 11 months. I changed my oil and filter before putting her up on jack stands for the winter. This Saturday morning I will warm her up and first change the engine oil and filter. I will remove the engine cover and change the transmission fluid with MT-LV. When I first got the car, going into 6th gear would sometimes fight me a bit. I think that is common. For the last couple of months going into 6th drops right into gear. Should be a good time to change the tranny oil.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts