Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone!

I recently decided my 585 whp manual Mustang GT isn't what I wanted anymore. I always wanted to try out a car with a DCT and have had a couple hot hatches in the past (2019 WRX, 2014 Focus ST) and really liked the looks and the driving experience of the Veloster N! The active exhaust, electronic controlled suspension, and the quickness around town is great. The Mustang was hard to enjoy off the track since it required high RPMs to really get into the power and 1st gear spun tires, and if I got into higher RPMs in other gears I would usually be in "go to prison" speed range. Look forward to seeing the potential of the Veloster and discussing on forums interesting items about this car.

Here is the supercharged Mustang I sold...

...and here is my new Veloster N!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Nice! There's an interesting video of a guy who owns a mustang GT and a veloster N on YouTube. He does a side by side recording of laps on the same track with both cars from the cockpits with all the data in real time. Well-done video too. If I recall correctly, they were very close. I believe his assessment was basically the same. The mustang was slightly superior on the track but not as much as he thought. However, the VN was far superior in most street driving. Especially in the fun department.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Hello everyone!

I recently decided my 585 whp manual Mustang GT isn't what I wanted anymore. I always wanted to try out a car with a DCT and have had a couple hot hatches in the past (2019 WRX, 2014 Focus ST) and really liked the looks and the driving experience of the Veloster N! The active exhaust, electronic controlled suspension, and the quickness around town is great. The Mustang was hard to enjoy off the track since it required high RPMs to really get into the power and 1st gear spun tires, and if I got into higher RPMs in other gears I would usually be in "go to prison" speed range. Look forward to seeing the potential of the Veloster and discussing on forums interesting items about this car.

Here is the supercharged Mustang I sold...

View attachment 6168

View attachment 6170
...and here is my new Veloster N!

View attachment 6169
View attachment 6171
View attachment 6172
Welcome to the forum. Have fun and enjoy yourself.

I hope you enjoy the VN. It’s a bit of a step down in performance but will net you some enjoyable experience, increased fuel economy and overall savings all the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts