Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2020 N PP
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Got a 2020 Veloster N PP about 3 weeks ago (Jan. 16th) used with 13k miles as a fun daily to replace my 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe.

Her name is Neo (hence the account username). My weekend/project car is a 1994 Miata, Kaede.

Not sure when I will start modding Neo since I told myself I would get Kaede running at 100% first and there are still a number of things on that list...

I'm looking forward to lurking and absorbing plenty of info ;)

I know there are fellow Veloster owners in North Jersey (where I live/work) and Long Island (where my parents live); I'd love to do a distanced meet or cruise!

Here's a picture of my cars:

·
Registered
2019 Veloster N PP / MT / Perf Blue.
587 Posts
Hi everyone,

Got a 2020 Veloster N PP about 3 weeks ago (Jan. 16th) used with 13k miles as a fun daily to replace my 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe.

Her name is Neo (hence the account username). My weekend/project car is a 1994 Miata, Kaede.

Not sure when I will start modding Neo since I told myself I would get Kaede running at 100% first and there are still a number of things on that list...

I'm looking forward to lurking and absorbing plenty of info ;)

I know there are fellow Veloster owners in North Jersey (where I live/work) and Long Island (where my parents live); I'd love to do a distanced meet or cruise!

Here's a picture of my cars:

View attachment 4473
Welcome. Enjoy it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Congrats!

Love your cars, I'm currently deciding between a used VN or an ND2 Miata with a softtop for maximum lightweight.

Coming from a Civic Si (and driving a friend's FR-S a couple months back), I really want to experience lightweight, balanced, RWD pure sports car and I can pull off a 2-seat impractical car (I really don't carry much stuff). But then everytime I see a VN I feel like that car is such a beast and of course they sound amazing stock. Any advice?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Congrats!

Love your cars, I'm currently deciding between a used VN or an ND2 Miata with a softtop for maximum lightweight.

Coming from a Civic Si (and driving a friend's FR-S a couple months back), I really want to experience lightweight, balanced, RWD pure sports car and I can pull off a 2-seat impractical car (I really don't carry much stuff). But then everytime I see a VN I feel like that car is such a beast and of course they sound amazing stock. Any advice?
A civic Si is a great car, but it is nowhere close to A VN. My wife has a 2020 civic si and I drive it all the time and I can tell you that they are 2 totally different cars in precision, handling, power, excitement, tuning, and warranty.

The VN is just a different drive. I would pick a Miata over a civic for fun but I would take the VN over the miata, and I did!

-JE

·
Registered
61 Posts
A civic Si is a great car, but it is nowhere close to A VN. My wife has a 2020 civic si and I drive it all the time and I can tell you that they are 2 totally different cars in precision, handling, power, excitement, tuning, and warranty.

The VN is just a different drive. I would pick a Miata over a civic for fun but I would take the VN over the miata, and I did!

-JE
Oh yes indeed I should provide a bit more context from my post- I am about to pay off my 2015 Si and I am torn between a used VN or a ND2 Miata as my next car. After I drove a friend's FR-S I was completely blown away with the handling and just how fun it was to drive a car with that ethos (50/50, lightweight, RWD, midship (as in engine behind the front axle, not rear engine), not all about power). I don't need tons of space as I don't carry much on my car, and I rarely have more than one passenger. Right now I think it's down to me finding an opportunity to test drive both and see how I feel

·
Registered
587 Posts
Oh yes indeed I should provide a bit more context from my post- I am about to pay off my 2015 Si and I am torn between a used VN or a ND2 Miata as my next car. After I drove a friend's FR-S I was completely blown away with the handling and just how fun it was to drive a car with that ethos (50/50, lightweight, RWD, midship (as in engine behind the front axle, not rear engine), not all about power). I don't need tons of space as I don't carry much on my car, and I rarely have more than one passenger. Right now I think it's down to me finding an opportunity to test drive both and see how I feel
Well said my brother. Get behind the wheel and beat on both of em. Take em to the limit because it is the ceiling of performance that will always have you coming back for more.

-JE

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have heard amazing things about the BRZ/86 but can attest to the VN being simply incredible. As a daily driver and the ability to swap modes and feels of the car in a push of the button, the immediate power and out the box fun. I live in the northeast where weather is an issue and I would avoid RWD if possible but that is me... Tough call but I would lean VN (not biased at all :) ) Also feel like right now the used BRZ/FRS price is inflated and as soon as the new ones come out that they will see a drop in price... I am predicting here but usually this happens when a new model/engine/update happens particularly one that addresses the number one complaint (power) in the car. If you are really set on the BRZ maybe wait til the new one hits to see how it impacts used prices on that one.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have heard amazing things about the BRZ/86 but can attest to the VN being simply incredible. As a daily driver and the ability to swap modes and feels of the car in a push of the button, the immediate power and out the box fun. I live in the northeast where weather is an issue and I would avoid RWD if possible but that is me... Tough call but I would lean VN (not biased at all :) ) Also feel like right now the used BRZ/FRS price is inflated and as soon as the new ones come out that they will see a drop in price... I am predicting here but usually this happens when a new model/engine/update happens particularly one that addresses the number one complaint (power) in the car. If you are really set on the BRZ maybe wait til the new one hits to see how it impacts used prices on that one.
I want an ND2 Miata over the new BRZ mainly because I would rather buy a later-model car that already has refinements done to it (2019 Miata has more power/ND has been around already since 2016) instead of a brand new first year model of a redesign that may have possible issues (the same way as I hear that the 2013 Scion FR-S/BRZ is to be avoided), along with saving money. Not to mention at the end of the day the Miata is still going to be a much lighter car though power/weight ratio of an ND2 soft top is similar to the upcoming 2022 BRZ.

But then the VN just has those crackles and pops Im crazy obsessed with right now haha and I feel like it’s a car that just has more of a “look at this beast” feel compared to the Miata obviously lol. But I really want that visceral “big go-cart” feel at the same time.
Man this is hard!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts