Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all..I just recently purchased a 2021 N. I have been looking at it since it 1st came out..I also shopped the type R, but got sick of all the ridiculous markup..I love this N so far really fun to drive..I actually like this car pretty much stock, unlike with my 370z. Anyway has anyone had any major problems with the direct Injection or anything? Overall is everyone happy with their purchase?

Administrator
Looks GREAT!!! The blue is so blue-tiful!!!! Sorry for the Dad joke! Ha, ha... 馃槀 Welcome to the forum!

Best regards,

-Mike

Reactions: topaz

Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
I am not aware of any issues with the DI. Welcome to the forum.

Registered
Depends upon what the OP means;

GDI have certain inherent carbon issues that require maintenance every 20K miles or so but other than this, no issues.
This is why so many of us run catch cans. This reduces the carbon risk somewhat. My Saikou-Michi can arrived today to replace my Jegs unit. I will post some pics when I install it. I will be fabricating my own mount as usual.

Registered
That forge unit is darned cool looking. My intake can is located in front of my airbox so keep it cool to improve condensation.

Registered
Just a word to the wise;

It needs some heat to keep the vapor and water fluid, just to be clear. Last thing you want is to allow the can to become cold and freeze.
"PLEASE NOTE: Customers in regions of the world that drop well into the freezing temperatures during the winter will need to keep a watchful eye on the volume of water collected in the can. One of the main fluids caught in the can is condensation (water). In the winter months the amount of condensation caught in the can will dramatically increase. If left in the can in freezing temperatures there is a possibility that this water could freeze. If frozen, pcv flow will be inhibited. Make sure to keep an eye on your fluid levels." Tis includes the lines that hold the vapor and fluid. you'll get enough condensation from the crankcase.

Registered
Just a word to the wise;

It needs some heat to keep the vapor and water fluid, just to be clear. Last thing you want is to allow the can to become cold and freeze.
"PLEASE NOTE: Customers in regions of the world that drop well into the freezing temperatures during the winter will need to keep a watchful eye on the volume of water collected in the can. One of the main fluids caught in the can is condensation (water). In the winter months the amount of condensation caught in the can will dramatically increase. If left in the can in freezing temperatures there is a possibility that this water could freeze. If frozen, pcv flow will be inhibited. Make sure to keep an eye on your fluid levels." Tis includes the lines that hold the vapor and fluid. you'll get enough condensation from the crankcase.
True and this is the first winter my Genesis is outside, but I emptied the can not long ago so the water is at the very bottom. My can is in front of my fuse box with is the same location as being in the front of the air box in the VN. I have not had any problems as it will warm-up. One guy in Illinois mounted his in front of the radiator and he has not reported any issues. The Saikou-Michi can is pretty tall so there is a fair amount of room for the collection.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts