Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my car 2 days ago! 27 kms on pickup and still breaking it in. Also had black 18" rims and Michelin Ice Xi3 installed.

I wasn't planning on using the rev matching function... but the button is right there! Also, loving the bucket seats so far.

Oh, and I had a Ford Raptor try to race me from a dig off a red light. I just sat there at the green light and politely let him win. He must have been going 140 km/h in a 80 zone. Also had a riced up civic try to do the same today. Should I expect this on a regular basis?

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Finally got my car 2 days ago! 27 kms on pickup and still breaking it in. Also had black 18" rims and Michelin Ice Xi3 installed.

I wasn't planning on using the rev matching function... but the button is right there! Also, loving the bucket seats so far.

Oh, and I had a Ford Raptor try to race me from a dig off a red light. I just sat there at the green light and politely let him win. He must have been going 140 km/h in a 80 zone. Also had a riced up civic try to do the same today. Should I expect this on a regular basis?
Welcome from one brand new owner to another. I find at my age (only 52😉) that it’s so much easier to just let the racers go. We know what we have in these lovely little feats of engineering and we definitely don’t have anything to prove.
I usually feel that the guy who always wants to race is the one who will eventually get caught. Out here in BC, anything 30kms over the posted is an instant fine and any more than that is you taking the cab home, your car is being transported to the impound and don’t even let me start adding up the cost of everything including the fine, plus points, plus, if it’s bad enough, you get placed on a program where you get to pay, at the last count, $380 per year for the next 3yrs, or you take a ban, and give up your car keys for a determined amount of time, ask me how I know!
Not worth it, have fun when your on some lovely sweeping back road out of harms way, and dial it right down when in the built up areas which seem to attract the boy racers😉
Mike

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Welcome from one brand new owner to another. I find at my age (only 52😉) that it’s so much easier to just let the racers go. We know what we have in these lovely little feats of engineering and we definitely don’t have anything to prove.
I usually feel that the guy who always wants to race is the one who will eventually get caught. Out here in BC, anything 30kms over the posted is an instant fine and any more than that is you taking the cab home, your car is being transported to the impound and don’t even let me start adding up the cost of everything including the fine, plus points, plus, if it’s bad enough, you get placed on a program where you get to pay, at the last count, $380 per year for the next 3yrs, or you take a ban, and give up your car keys for a determined amount of time, ask me how I know!
Not worth it, have fun when your on some lovely sweeping back road out of harms way, and dial it right down when in the built up areas which seem to attract the boy racers😉
I completely agree with you. I have nothing to prove on the streets.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Congrats !!!

1 question if you don't mind, how long did you wait?
I ordered mine back in October and its getting delivered in mid January is this normal??

:)
For me, I ordered the VN in the beginning of November. I think, after talking to my sales person, it should arrive very soon for me. Likely in about a week.

So that puts me just shy of the 8 week mark when they quoted me 8 to 12 week after I put the deposit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congrats !!!

1 question if you don't mind, how long did you wait?
I ordered mine back in October and its getting delivered in mid January is this normal??

:)
I got sick of waiting, so I hunted the exact one I wanted in Toronto and got it shipped to Ottawa by my dealership here. The trucking fee was 400$ but it was well worth it. It also only had 27 kms on it when I picked it up!

Thing is that the car wouldn't show up on the dealerships shared inventory listing because it had been ordered by someone who backed out of it at the last minute. So the car's VIN was no longer listed as being new, which is why the sales manager wasn't aware of it being available.

I think I found it on Kijiji or Autotrader, called the dealership in Toronto to confirm, told my dealership here to get it, and it landed here 2 weeks later... right before the news of another lockdown here in Ontario.

I am extremely happy with the car. The new seats are much nicer and more comfortable than I had anticipated. The only issue that I've encountered so far is the rattling noise coming from the engine sound generator... but I was well aware that this was a known issue. I will give it more time to see if it'll settle itself over the next few weeks. If not, then I'll probably have to unplug it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For me, I ordered the VN in the beginning of November. I think, after talking to my sales person, it should arrive very soon for me. Likely in about a week.

So that puts me just shy of the 8 week mark when they quoted me 8 to 12 week after I put the deposit.
I had also ordered mine at the same time as you, but I was told that it would be 8-12 weeks from the time a VIN would be provided for my order. For reference, my order was still pending pickup by Hyundai (i.e. no VIN) when I finally picked this one up in mid December after shipping it from another city because I was sick of waiting. Hopefully your order will fare better than mine!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts