Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Performance Blue VN 6MT
157 Posts
Congrats and welcome! And I'd love to hear your input on your 718 Spyder and Rubicon - I've been wanting to get both of those but I just don't have room for them. Oh to have a four car garage. First world problems lol.

You have good taste in vehicles! (y)

·
Registered
2022 Veloster N 6MT
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats and welcome! And I'd love to hear your input on your 718 Spyder and Rubicon - I've been wanting to get both of those but I just don't have room for them. Oh to have a four car garage. First world problems lol.

You have good taste in vehicles! (y)
Thank you! The 718 Spyder is sports car perfection, to me. Having owned all manner of sports cars (R8, GT4, 911, GT350/R, RS3, TTRS, M2 Comp, M3 comp, etc), the Spyder does everything a sports car is supposed to do. The only hang up is that at over 400hp (mine is about 460hp), it's just too fast for the street. During a recent 10 hour drive all over western MA on some fine backroads, I was simply unable to use the power regularly. That's a frustrating experience. The Veloster N is a car you can grab buy the scruff of the neck and manhandle it in all situation. Incredible car. As for the Gladiator, it's a hoot! Take the doors off, open the roof and it's an experience unlike any other truck/SUV. It is a handful to drive, not very smooth and refined but it has exactly the right amount of hauling capabilities a family might need for Home Depot runs while being rugged and winter capable. Great vehicle!

·
Registered
2021 Performance Blue VN 6MT
157 Posts
Yeah, a coworker of mine lives in Half Moon Bay and let me borrow his Spyder for the day - taking it down along the coast all the way to Monterey was a heck of an experience. I practically forgot all the crap going on in the world for a period of time - absolutely, totally engaging. What a real sports car is supposed to do.

All my previous vehicles double as family duty, so two seaters are currently out until
a) move out of California (currently doing research with my wife) or
b) kids are out of the house

Option a) will likely be the one to win out.

I rented a Gladiator when I took the family to Kauai - we all thoroughly enjoyed it, but I don't think I could use it in a "practical" sense lol.

I hear you regarding too much hp - in that respect the VN covers a lot in one package - practicality, engagement, and usable power.

Thanks again for your thoughts!

·
Registered
2022 Veloster N 6MT
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Love that there are more N owners in the area. I never see them on the road so I was beginning to worry! We should get a drive together sometime soon.

Reactions: N.E. N owner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts