Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Welcome! I love my car - this is the first ever performance vehicle I’ve ever owned so I don’t really have a comparison, but I’m absolutely in love with it. I’d love to drive it up against a Fiesta ST one of these days :devilish:

·
Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
357 Posts
Welcome and good color choice. I came from a Genesis Coupe which I still own. She has a full set of winter tires so when Nariko goes up on jack stands, Genny will be my daily driver instead of my weekly driver now. I ordered some Uniq rigid collars today. I am pondering a Boomba rear motor mount. I told my wife the "N" is nearly perfect; it just needs a couple of things here and there. With that she just rolled her eyes. I was installing my catch cans three days after I picked her up. Enjoy your new ride. Hyundai hit this one out of the park.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Welcome! I have a coworker with a FiST. We compare and contrast the two on occasion. I'm loving the N, though. Any mods on the horizon?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The FiST was quick and a lot of fun but no where near as fast or near the handling the N has.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome and good color choice. I came from a Genesis Coupe which I still own. She has a full set of winter tires so when Nariko goes up on jack stands, Genny will be my daily driver instead of my weekly driver now. I ordered some Uniq rigid collars today. I am pondering a Boomba rear motor mount. I told my wife the "N" is nearly perfect; it just needs a couple of things here and there. With that she just rolled her eyes. I was installing my catch cans three days after I picked her up. Enjoy your new ride. Hyundai hit this one out of the park.
Yes they did!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'd like to get a carbon fiber hood and a cold air intake.
I’m with you on the CF hood and the CAI. Look at the takeda intake, that’s what I’ll probably be purchasing in a week or so. I really want an OEM CF hood, but I’ve looked at the Seibon hoods as well. I’m not a huge fan of the Seibon hood designs though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The seibon hoods are the only ones I've seen so far but I just started looking today, I'll have to take a look at that Takeda intake as well. Im sure there will be a growing market for the N especially with the 8 speed DCT coming next year or late this year.

·
Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
357 Posts
CF hood? Don't you like our 100 lbs hood. This is probably wrong, but my Genesis Coupe has a lighter feeling hood. That is probably due to the supports on either side. Yeah, this hood feel heavy.

Reactions: Goon

·
Registered
140 Posts
The seibon hoods are the only ones I've seen so far but I just started looking today, I'll have to take a look at that Takeda intake as well. Im sure there will be a growing market for the N especially with the 8 speed DCT coming next year or late this year.
SoCalGarageworks has a carbon fiber, six vent hood that they just posted on their site for pre-order. I like that one the most behind the hood on the N Performance show-car. I agree, the aftermarket has already started picking up, but I think we will eventually have a ton of aftermarket parts to choose from down the road.

Reactions: Goon

·
Super Moderator
1,557 Posts
Welcome to the forum! GREAT color choice but I am partial. :)

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SoCalGarageworks has a carbon fiber, six vent hood that they just posted on their site for pre-order. I like that one the most behind the hood on the N Performance show-car. I agree, the aftermarket has already started picking up, but I think we will eventually have a ton of aftermarket parts to choose from down the road.
I'll checked that SoCalGarageworks hood it looks really nice. I worry a little about fitment with aftermarket hoods. Going to be doing some research on whatever brand I decide to go with.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts