Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
2022 Racing Red Veloster N DCT
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I placed an order with my local dealer for a '22 Black dct this week. Signed the order and put a deposit down today!

I'm beyond excited. My previous car was an '18 Civic sport hatch. It was fine for what it was, especially with the Ktuner and tune I had but with having to baby it from a stand still because of the cvt it just wasn't quite what I wanted. Seeing reviews on the N got me very interested in it. I can't wait to pick it up in a couple months.

Glad to be around here and to learn more about the car's platform. 馃憤

Registered
2020 Veloster N w/PP
I came from a 16 Civic EX-T (CVT) w/KTuner as well. It was a good daily but the N blows it out of the water. A little less room but worth the sacrifice for the smiles per gallon. Welcome to the N club !

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I came from a 16 Civic EX-T (CVT) w/KTuner as well. It was a good daily but the N blows it out of the water. A little less room but worth the sacrifice for the smiles per gallon. Welcome to the N club !
Thanks! That's excellent to hear from someone with a similar circumstance. Ever since checking the N out I knew I had to have it. Hardest part is the wait now. Haha

Administrator
Welcome! Can't wait to see pics!

Best regards,

-Mike

Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
I did not miss the lesser interior room compared to my Genesis Coupe. If I can fit my 'cello and my wife in the car that is all that I need. My Gen Coupe seemed like a boulevard cruiser compared to this car, which is a corner carver.

Reactions: WingoDingo

Registered
2022 DCT VN, 2005 Honda S2000
Congrats! Thats the exact spec that i got as well. Unfortunately i dont have my car right now as it was in an accident and its being repaired but its a joy to have. I came from a 2021 Supra and i can tell you this car is just as much fun and almost as fast.

Registered
Hello everyone! I placed an order with my local dealer for a '22 Black dct this week. Signed the order and put a deposit down today!

I'm beyond excited. My previous car was an '18 Civic sport hatch. It was fine for what it was, especially with the Ktuner and tune I had but with having to baby it from a stand still because of the cvt it just wasn't quite what I wanted. Seeing reviews on the N got me very interested in it. I can't wait to pick it up in a couple months.

Glad to be around here and to learn more about the car's platform. 馃憤
Did you get a chance to test drive one? I test drove a DCT which was cool. Unfortunately I was only allowed to go on a 3 minute ride as at the time there was a gas shortage on the east coast. It was also new so I didn't want to thrash it. I ended up driving 700 miles away to pick up a manual. Good luck on waiting a couple months, I would not have that patience haha.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you get a chance to test drive one? I test drove a DCT which was cool. Unfortunately I was only allowed to go on a 3 minute ride as at the time there was a gas shortage on the east coast. It was also new so I didn't want to thrash it. I ended up driving 700 miles away to pick up a manual. Good luck on waiting a couple months, I would not have that patience haha.
I wish I could have but there wasn't one that was close enough because I sold the Civic beforehand. There was a dealer a couple hundred miles away that had one in stock and another had one in transit. In my particular area I haven't seen but 1 or 2 Velosters in general and not a single N that I can recall. I'm gambling a bit but I can't see myself disliking the N with what I've seen and read. I hear you on the patience, it's tough haha. It's like being a kid waiting for Christmas day.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congrats! Thats the exact spec that i got as well. Unfortunately i dont have my car right now as it was in an accident and its being repaired but its a joy to have. I came from a 2021 Supra and i can tell you this car is just as much fun and almost as fast.
I'm sorry about the accident! That's rough. I like hearing that it's as much fun as the Supra you had! Those are quick, what made you give it up?

Registered
2022 DCT VN, 2005 Honda S2000
I'm sorry about the accident! That's rough. I like hearing that it's as much fun as the Supra you had! Those are quick, what made you give it up?
Honestly its because my end goal is a Porsche GT4. While i could afford the Supra easily and save up for it, part of me wanted it quicker AND i'd still need a more practical car. Getting the Veloster allowed for more money to be thrown in savings while getting the practical car early on.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Welp, bad news and good(ish) news. After 9 weeks the dealership I "ordered" from told me they couldn't do it and the salesman I was working with had left the company. Got my deposit back, started looking yesterday, found one a few miles away. It's red instead of black but red was the runner up color for me so I'm going for it. Waiting to hear back on if they'll stick to the advertised msrp. If so I'm putting money down. Hopefully will be driving it home this weekend. Wish me luck folks! (y)

Edit: No dice. A "market adjustment" that isn't advertised appeared during talks.

Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
Welp, bad news and good(ish) news. After 9 weeks the dealership I "ordered" from told me they couldn't do it and the salesman I was working with had left the company. Got my deposit back, started looking yesterday, found one a few miles away. It's red instead of black but red was the runner up color for me so I'm going for it. Waiting to hear back on if they'll stick to the advertised msrp. If so I'm putting money down. Hopefully will be driving it home this weekend. Wish me luck folks! (y)

Edit: No dice. A "market adjustment" that isn't advertised appeared during talks.
I hear that there is a special place in Hell for people who promote market adjustments. It is especially bad...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I hear that there is a special place in Hell for people who promote market adjustments. It is especially bad...
If so then there's a lot of folks who will be there when the time comes. At this rate I don't think I'll be in an N. I'd be slightly less annoyed if they at least advertised the mark up from the get go.

Registered
2021 Performance Blue VN 6MT
This came up a couple of days ago

Black 2022 VN w/ DCT

I wanted a Performance Blue VN 6MT that was 2021+ - I ended up paying shipping. You may have to entertain that as an option.

Registered
I just put my deposit down for a black Veloster N.
Bob Stallings in Dallas, Texas had a black and a white one six-speed manual MSRP. No dealer add-ons doc only $150.
I had found the list of the MSRP Hyundai dealers on the Santa Cruz site that I was interested in.

I actually had a 2012 yellow Veloster 6-speed manual or maybe it was 5 speed back then can't remember. Also I'm 61 years old driving a school bus. Can't wait for this fun and exciting car

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Appreciate the leads guys. I managed to find one this evening and talked them down to msrp. I'll have to travel a couple of hours but I believe these cars are worth it. 馃憤

Registered
Appreciate the leads guys. I managed to find one this evening and talked them down to msrp. I'll have to travel a couple of hours but I believe these cars are worth it. 馃憤
I drove 11 hours to get mine. Haha. Definitely worth it, and it was broken in when I got back.

Registered
2022 VN Racing Red 6mt
I drove 11 hours to get mine. Haha. Definitely worth it, and it was broken in when I got back.
Dang dude, 11 hours?! That's a good little drive. I drove 3 hours away. It only got halfway broken in. Did you make that drive in the new or old seats? I feel like that would be pretty uncomfortable in the new seats.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts