Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchase in Houma, LA last Saturday. Avid car enthusiast and NASA competitor and HPDE anything and everything. It's been raining all week since the purchase and finally got around to cleaning. I have had the hood up in my garage getting to know this car. I literally drove it 5 miles and was grinning from ear to ear. I have owned some great rides including just recently a 2017 Mustang GT350R which I kept smoking brake pads, fluids, and $500 each tires every track day so decided it was time to move on. An old racer told me if you are scared to wreck it at the track then its not worth having. Also my wife like to drive and the Ford was just too much car for driving on the street. I have to say that after driving the N over 100 miles this week the GT350 will not be missed. To me this car combines the fun\budget factors of the B15 Nissan Sentra SER and 2008 MazdaSpeed 3.I looking forward to contributing what I can and seeing everyone else push this platform to the limits.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Seriously, assuming you had a hunk of change left from the ford. I love the aem intake I have one too I suggest investing in a catch can! The sxth works well the new version mounts on the passenger side instead of intake side

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm going to hold off on any more mods until after a couple track days. I'm hoping that everything holds up well and I don't need to mod. My only concern was the brake pads but with the cool temps starting to show up the oe pads will get me through until summer time temps kick in.

·
Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
430 Posts
Good color choice. I cannot keep up with you but at least I was installing new catch cans on the third day of ownership.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Awesome!
I've got a 19 PB PP in Lafayette and travel to New Orleans often.
I've yet to see another VN in person.

·
Super Moderator
1,793 Posts
Wow, that was fast for the mods. lol.... Welcome, and have fun!

Best regards,

-Mike

Reactions: Melan

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'll be there for the NASA event Oct 11th. Hopefully the weather is ok.
I'll be coming back in from a TX road trip that day so I’ll miss that one. Catch ya at the next one hopefully. And yeah hopefully it's nice weather that day!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts