Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Has nothing to do with how much a company manufactures or offers for a specific model format.

When a product is well engineered and manufactured, there’s nothing saying they have to offer or produce more to support it.

Because a company offers or produces more, doesn’t mean they’re better. It’s how well those products are engineered, manufactured and function in the end.

SXTH ELEMENT dumped their first try at a RMM, had to reengineer and design it. They offer no upper motor mount either. This is where the primary problem resides.

TTR engineered, designed it once and we worked together to make sure it was well constructed, manufactured and functioned well.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I probably would recommend the polyurethane RMM inserts if you’re planning on going RMM/UMM. The way you describe your driving and how you view the vehicle-that’s probably the best combination.

ive heard some differing comments on the Facebook group about people’s experiences with SXTH RMM and UMM.

·
Registered
2019 PerfBlue Non-PP
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I’m just going to be straight up with you. Imo and I’m sure it’s different than most peoples on here as everybody raves on sxth, but there are other manufacturers for parts for our car, and sxth stuff is well made but is by no means the end all be all for parts made for this car. To my knowledge, besides the AFE scorcher, there aren’t any “bad” parts for this car. I would also stay away from the boomba BOV.
The TTR piece is a great part, and Sxth makes great products as well. However, the only thing worth it imo from a money perspective from sxth are the RMM/ecu tune (not piggyback-jb4 is more comprehensive)/big turbo. The intercooler is very nice but also ridiculously expensive and replaces the front crash bar with something that looks much less substantial.
Sorry for the tangent
No, no! I appreciate you being straight up. That's exactly what I'm looking for, and your feedback is perfect for those like me who are super new to this. I'm new to the car and new to modding in general, so I would rely heavily on feedback from people like you who have modded the crap outta your ride. I saw your rear diffuser posts, that was sick! And also way more adventurous than I would ever be! You could probably have guessed by my "pretty weird" list, but I'm leaning more conservative with any mods. HP gains are not important to me, longer life and drivability are more so. Thanks again for being straight up with me!

·
Registered
2019 PerfBlue Non-PP
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Has nothing to do with how much a company manufactures or offers for a specific model format.

When a product is well engineered and manufactured, there’s nothing saying they have to offer or produce more to support it.

Because a company offers or produces more, doesn’t mean they’re better. It’s how well those products are engineered, manufactured and function in the end.

SXTH ELEMENT dumped their first try at a RMM, had to reengineer and design it. They offer no upper motor mount either. This is where the primary problem resides.

TTR engineered, designed it once and we worked together to make sure it was well constructed, manufactured and functioned well.
That answers my curiosity beautifully. Matter of quality over quantity. Thank you!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this but since I have never even seen a VN all of you have a lot more experience with the car than I do. In other cars (500 Abarth, Alfa 4C Mini Cooper S) I have found the hoses and stock clamps to be terrible and have replaced them. Do these cars suffer from the same issues, and if so who makes hoses for the car? Thanks

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Their clamps are industry standard and fairly good for the type hoses they’re are utilized with.

Upgrading various hoses, also requires upgraded clamps.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
👍 this is what I mean by poly bushings instead of the whole mount. Hyundai Veloster N, I30N, ELANTRA N (2017+) Engine Lower Torque Arm Bushings

Probably more in your use case

thanks btw took me like 30 hours and was terrifying lol👌
30 hours? With the right tools and stands it can be done in an 2.0 hours including setting up on jack stands, disassemble and reassemble of the OEM lower motor mount.

Ask questions if you ever have issues such as this obviously created. Don’t suffer needlessly it’s not necessary.😃👍🇺🇸

·
Registered
123 Posts
30 hours? With the right tools and stands it can be done in an 2.0 hours including setting up on jack stands, disassemble and reassemble of the OEM lower motor mount.

Ask questions if you ever have issues such as this obviously created. Don’t suffer needlessly it’s not necessary.😃👍🇺🇸
I’m talking about my custom diffuser. The bushings can be done in 30-45 including setup and tear down time with power tools

21 - 31 of 31 Posts