Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Veloster N 6-speed Manual
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

New to the forum and just wanted to say hello. I'm from Houston, TX and got my red 6-speed 2021 Veloster N this month and already love it. Looking forward to many fun times to come in this car.

Great to meet all y'all. Happy holidays and stay safe

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi everyone,

New to the forum and just wanted to say hello. I'm from Houston, TX and got my red 6-speed 2021 Veloster N this month and already love it. Looking forward to many fun times to come in this car.

Great to meet all y'all. Happy holidays and stay safe
Red and 6 speed, I like your style:cool: Just curious, could you have gotten the DCT?
Happy motoring!

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Veloster N 6-speed Manual
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Red and 6 speed, I like your style:cool: Just curious, could you have gotten the DCT?
Happy motoring!
Thanks! Loving the 6MT so far and it really is a beautiful red. I went with the manual because all the cars I have driven to this point had been automatic and I was specifically looking for a manual car to learn on and to appreciate how engaging they are to drive. So far it’s been great and I’m having tons of fun with it. As far as the DCT is concerned, from the reviews I’ve seen so far it seems really impressive. Extremely fast shifts and the NGS feature looks really cool. Probably the best DCT of any mainstream brand, and the fact that it was developed in-house is incredible. If I was looking for an automatic I would get the Veloster N DCT no doubt.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks! Loving the 6MT so far and it really is a beautiful red. I went with the manual because all the cars I have driven to this point had been automatic and I was specifically looking for a manual car to learn on and to appreciate how engaging they are to drive. So far it’s been great and I’m having tons of fun with it. As far as the DCT is concerned, from the reviews I’ve seen so far it seems really impressive. Extremely fast shifts and the NGS feature looks really cool. Probably the best DCT of any mainstream brand, and the fact that it was developed in-house is incredible. If I was looking for an automatic I would get the Veloster N DCT no doubt.
Right on with going with the manual! It seems as you could have gotten a DCT and I was curious if dealers are mostly getting DCTs or manuals. I have the official specs from Hyundai and while the DCT VN looks impressive, a listed 146 lb. wt. difference on a smallish front wheel drive car is not insignificant plus sticks are fun!

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Veloster N DCT
12 Posts
I can attest that the DCT in the VN is much smoother than the VW's DSG.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts