Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Joined here to get some info on the future purchase of an N. Im in a Focus ST1 now and terribly pissed off at Ford since they aren't gonna sell cars except for the Mustang in the US anymore. Probably gonna get a black or red N later this year. Sat in one at Rolex24 in the Hyundai booth and really fell in love with the seats and feel of shifter position. Looking forward to driving one to replace my ST. This will be my first foreign car and really my first car that's not a Ford.

·
Registered
75 Posts
You are going to like it TN! Try to get a test drive in and try not to show too much positive emotion...the black and the red both look great.....hopefully you can secure better pricing later in the year also.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The one I sat in at Daytona was Performance Blue and I loved the color initially but I don't know that I could live with it everyday plus it looks like most of the ones sold are in PB. I will never own a white car so that color is out of the question. Thinking red with 1552 Turbomac wheels in 18x8.5 and Conti ExtremeContact Sports.

·
Registered
75 Posts
TN! When I test drove the N it just happened to be in Red...It looks really nice with the black accents vs the red. Looks very integrated. While I was stopped on a side road for a moment a guy stopped, rolled down his window, and said: "That is a beautiful car." So there you have it...in my real life sampling of 1 it was rated as beautiful 100% of the time................

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love black but I also live in TN where it gets to 100deg in the summer and the pollen counts is usually around 1000000000000 this time of year so a black car turns yellow green in about 15min. So I figure go with red.

·
Registered
83 Posts
While I was stopped on a side road for a moment a guy stopped, rolled down his window, and said: "That is a beautiful car." So there you have it...in my real life sampling of 1 it was rated as beautiful 100% of the time................
I noticed you didn't sample any of the hundreds of cars that drove by without saying anything. :wink:
Sorry, I'm a bit of a stickler about statistics!

Max

·
Registered
75 Posts
I know, Max. Statistics can lie. I was having such a blast on the test drive with the sales guy who was also having a blast that I didn't need any more opinions..........The back story: the sales guy had not driven an N and I really liked the guy! Very genuine. And a car guy. So I had pulled over so HE could feel what I was feeling. He put me back in the seat a little later..before we arrived back at the dealership. He was worried his Sales Manager would not appreciate it. We were both laughing and raving during the whole ride...........

·
Registered
121 Posts
I gave up on fore in 2004 i had a 2001 ranger xlt on lease . at that time when the lease ended i tried to buy the truck the only deal they offered me more than doubled the payments and would have left me with a total of 39,000+ for a 16,925 truck so i turned my back on ford soon after that got my first Hyundai with a 2012 Accent , then a 2013 Elantra gt then a 2015Veloster E=spec and finally my 2019 Veloster N i havent had a problem in over 100,000 miles driven in hyundai cars which says a lot about the cars to me. Enjoy your car when you get it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hope to get one come summer time. Maybe even wait for a 2020 model. I don't owe much on my FoST and will trade it in with a hefty down payment so the N wont cost me much monthly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I hope to get one come summer time. Maybe even wait for a 2020 model. I don't owe much on my FoST and will trade it in with a hefty down payment so the N wont cost me much monthly.
Ford guy huh? Did you ever build a Factory Five? Username looks familiar.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ford guy huh? Did you ever build a Factory Five? Username looks familiar.
Yep, built a Daytona Coupe chassis #485. Sold it and bought a 2015 Mustang GT. Traded it in when I got took a job with a slightly lower pay. Pay is back up now so Im gonna get a new Veloster N and build a new garage and probably build another Coupe but the race version with a Coyote and a road race TKO to do hill climbs and time trials.

Currently have a 1964 Fairlane with a 427W in it, a 1955 T Bird under construction and a 1970 Bronco right behind it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Small world. My handle was SloW8 over on FFCars. I was active on that forum way back in the day when it was FFCobra and was planning on building a FFR but got a job at Kirkham Motorsports and had a blast building and selling their cars. I kind of lost the love for Cobras to some degree. They are great toys but man, they are such limited use that they really are just that, toys.

I eventually ended up playing with Jeeps and that has been my automotive fun for the last several years. (Moab is only a few hours down the road from me) I am finally selling my Jeep and getting a fun commuter car while I look for the next thing.

My original goal was to get a Miata or GTI. Miata needs a turbo to stay on the list. GTI has always been on the list and I was really convinced that was the one, then I started seeing all these reviews of the N and thought I would look more closely. So... If I can find an N with PP, I will buy one in two weeks when my Jeep moves on to its new home. If I can't find one, I will go with the GTI and throw a tune at it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Small world. My handle was SloW8 over on FFCars. I was active on that forum way back in the day when it was FFCobra and was planning on building a FFR but got a job at Kirkham Motorsports and had a blast building and selling their cars. I kind of lost the love for Cobras to some degree. They are great toys but man, they are such limited use that they really are just that, toys.

I eventually ended up playing with Jeeps and that has been my automotive fun for the last several years. (Moab is only a few hours down the road from me) I am finally selling my Jeep and getting a fun commuter car while I look for the next thing.

My original goal was to get a Miata or GTI. Miata needs a turbo to stay on the list. GTI has always been on the list and I was really convinced that was the one, then I started seeing all these reviews of the N and thought I would look more closely. So... If I can find an N with PP, I will buy one in two weeks when my Jeep moves on to its new home. If I can't find one, I will go with the GTI and throw a tune at it.
Yep I remember your screen name. My FFR was delivered May 12th of 2011 and finished May 12th 2012 I think. So I was there a couple years before I got it. It was essentially a race car and wasn't very fun to drive in the TN heat during the summer. So now I will build one strictly for the track. Im getting rid of my Focus ST cause Im done with Ford and their decision to not sell new cars in the US anymore except for the Mustang. The Mustang is a fun car but weighs 3800lbs for a stripped down base GT with Recaros and that's unacceptable to me for a sports coupe.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Did it today. Bought a racing red PP N today. Got it at Twin Cities Hyundai in Alcoa TN. $28,500.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts