Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
2021, N, DCT, Black
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

New to the forum and the car. Just picked up a 2021 N.

Feel Free to roast me it is Automatic ( wife wanted something she could drive in an emergency). However the DCT feels really nice shifts really quick. Cant wait to see what maintenance is like on it.

Looking forward to reading up on the pages for mod ideas!

Registered
Very nice! Enjoy it for what it is and for everything it has to give you.

I think the car was over-engineered for street use, so it can probably handle a lot of mods in that way.

Not gonna give you a hard time over the DCT. The way I see it, the more enthusiast's cars they sell, the more they'll make... hopefully!

Also, I'm jealous of the weather over where you live! NO SNOW IN DECEMBER?!? 馃く

Registered
2021, N, DCT, Black
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very nice! Enjoy it for what it is and for everything it has to give you.

I think the car was over-engineered for street use, so it can probably handle a lot of mods in that way.

Not gonna give you a hard time over the DCT. The way I see it, the more enthusiast's cars they sell, the more they'll make... hopefully!

Also, I'm jealous of the weather over where you live! NO SNOW IN DECEMBER?!? 馃く
GOTTA LOVE FLORIDA!!!

Registered
2019 Veloster N PP / MT / Perf Blue.
Hi all!

Feel Free to roast me it is Automatic ( wife wanted something she could drive in an emergency). However the DCT feels really nice shifts really quick. Cant wait to see what maintenance is like on it.

View attachment 4103
WELCOME TO THE CLUB! ENJOY IT! IT'S BEAUTIFUL.

Administrator
Car is very nice!!! Not gonna roast ya because it's an auto. It's probably faster. lol....

Welcome!!!

Best regards,

-Mike

Registered
2021 Hyundai Veloster N DCT
The DCT is great on these cars so nothing to be ashamed of. What's the plans for mods for you? I'm curious on seeing some performance numbers on DCT cars with some power mods.

Registered
2021, N, DCT, Black
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The DCT is great on these cars so nothing to be ashamed of. What's the plans for mods for you? I'm curious on seeing some performance numbers on DCT cars with some power mods.
Gonna run it stock for a while do some autocross and light track duty. Get used to the car and break it in. Once the first warranty is up I will be looking at intake, engine mounts, piggyback of some sort, better plugs, turbo inlet, and inter cooler.

Registered
You may not have to wait. First refer to the Hyundai Assurance Track Warranty and allowable modifications, then take it and your car to the dealership. Speaking to the service manager or dealership manager, let them know what you'd like to do and ask permission. If they say yes, then have make an agreement with them to have the service department install the parts you decide to utilize.

Best plan of attack and methodology to get it done with permission. Welcome, enjoy the forum and have fun with the VN.:)(y)

Registered
Hi all!

View attachment 4103
congrats. I just bought a 2021 also in PB and is a dct. Iove it..If I never had to drive on the hwy again I'd buy the manual. I drive my husbands 2013 accord 6spd and hate it on the hwy..so much more traffic where we are now..so I'm over a manual in traffic..love it on back roads tho. I'm very happy with the dct...even tho my husband can't believe I bought the dct..oh well..I don't care what people think anyway馃ぃ.. enjoy馃檪

1 - 12 of 12 Posts