Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT Red/Black
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled the trigger on the Injen SP1343P CAI and the Yames Turbo Inlet adapter! Took a bit to convince my better half on these, but in the end she went along (love ya, honey! 馃榿). I also ordered the red oiled filter for the Injen - mostly for the look, but it's also a pretty decent quality filter. I don't anticipate any issues installing these, but I'm sure the inlet will present some challenges. These, along with the SXTH Element CC I installed are my first forays into modding. Now I just have to wait for everything to arrive so I can install them - will keep you posted!

Registered
The adapter will be a challenge as access isn't that good. Holler when you get the part and are ready to install. There's a few tips that will help you with the install. Keep in mind with the Yames turbo inlet you'll lose the mountain bracket point for the harness. The only one to retain it is the AFE Takeda.

Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT Red/Black
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The adapter will be a challenge as access isn't that good. Holler when you get the part and are ready to install. There's a few tips that will help you with the install. Keep in mind with the Yames turbo inlet you'll lose the mountain bracket point for the harness. The only one to retain it is the AFE Takeda.
Already done! I installed it on Sunday and didn't have any problems. I read through some other posts where you guys discussed what to do, and I took the advice. It actually took me longer to get the silly damn bolt for the wiring harness off the inlet than it did to get the inlet off of the turbo unit. You're 100% correct when you say access/space is tight! But I didn't drop anything, used super glue to hold the gasket on the new adapter, and was able to get it done in about 2 hours. Noticeable difference in turbo flutter, throttle response and faster boost! I appreciate all the advice!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts