Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I’d share that Sxth Element, Borla and Magnaflow are all currently developing their own exhaust kits for the Veloster N. Sxth has their DP, but they featured a new axel back that sounds pretty awesome on their instagram page today. The Borla kit also looks pretty rad.

Just waiting for the N Performance parts to make it over here now!!!

Reactions: VeeTee and Ghost

·
Super Moderator
1,557 Posts
AFE has one as well. Few different looks too.

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
103 Posts
The SXTH one is almost the same as the AFE one except much MUCH higher quality. That sound is pretty much all resonator that you hear from the OEM midpipe when the valve is open.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Is there really a point in getting an axel back at all, because with the valve open, oem is practically straight piped. I might just go the same route as @Ghost and get a res delete midpipe

·
Registered
103 Posts
When I had the aFe axle back in, it was great. The vibration from the resonator and the loudness really made it more engaging to drive the car when at the limit and even get a feeling of the engine's limit. Sadly, quality issues with the aFe forced me to remove it and the OEM axle back, with the 3" aFe midpipe still in the car, doesn't give me that vibration and feeling I got with the aFe axle back. It's not easy to explain unless you drive an N at the limit with a 3" catback. For sure, I'm planning on getting the SXTH when it comes out. They also just posted up this picture while they were doing some testing with it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Is there really a point in getting an axel back at all, because with the valve open, oem is practically straight piped. I might just go the same route as @Ghost and get a res delete midpipe
Is it straight pipped with the valve open? I honestly don't know how this works. I do know that the muffler on the OEM and XForce catback are huge.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Is it straight pipped with the valve open? I honestly don't know how this works. I do know that the muffler on the OEM and XForce catback are huge.

The OEM muffler is more or less straight through with the valve open, not quite as direct as the aftermarket options but you can see the internals of the OEM muffler in this picture.

·
Registered
126 Posts
The OEM muffler is more or less straight through with the valve open, not quite as direct as the aftermarket options but you can see the internals of the OEM muffler in this picture.

View attachment 3050
Thank you for that resource. I always thought they filled those canisters/mufflers with substance, bushy wirey mesh looking material as well though. But this is nice to know . Many have bought catbacks and returned to the OEM.

·
Super Moderator
1,557 Posts
With the Ark mid pipe and the stock muffler the increase in tone is greatly increased. It pops, and crackles a lot more with the new 3" mid pipe. I think you'll really, really like it Mike! :)

Best regards,

-Mike

Reactions: MikeMr305

·
Registered
95 Posts
Personally I like that the normal mode allows for quiet stealthy driving. I have the XForce downpipe and the resonator removed from my factory midpipe. With these two mods the cars is actually a little noisy in normal mode now. So I can't see myself purchasing an aftermarket axle back system because I am assuming they will all be even louder in normal than the stock muffler?

·
Registered
62 Posts
What type of downpipes do you all have, and are you getting a CEL warning? I am thinking of getting a DP and go to a local muffler shop to get a custom 3" midpipe. But I might just wait until other vendors product come out.

Also thinking of cutting out the pipe on the stock exhaust and weld a 3" on it? <---Your thought on this?...

·
Registered
126 Posts
What type of downpipes do you all have, and are you getting a CEL warming? I am thinking of getting a DP and go to a local muffler shop to get a custom 3" midpipe. But I might just wait until other vendors product come out.

Also thinking of cutting out the pipe on the stock exhaust and weld a 3" on it? <---Your thought on this?...
After a week or two of a downpipe on my mind, and 2000 miles on the car, I opted for the SXTH downpipe.

From what I have researched, there's no CEL and it's a one piece!

The AFE downpipe has a rear hole apparently. A secondary hole behind the first o2 sensor. That opted me out of that. Also a two piece. For a hundred more I just went for the SXTH

The XForce from what I hear requires an o2 extension, and they suggest a tune after installing it :/. I figure 4 inches loses some exhaust velocity for the stock set up

·
Super Moderator
1,557 Posts
I went with this down pipe.

It's 3.5 inch that tapers to a 3" section to the mid. It has NO cat and has a J bend so it doesn't set any codes. It also had the stud extensions for the factory heat shielding. It's a Jet-Hot now to get a 2500 degree titanium coating on both the inside and outside of the pipe. :)

Best regards,

-Mike

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts