Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys? Just got my New '22 DCT in white last Friday. Had to drive 2 hours out to Abilene to get this car at MSRP. Not a single regert though...this car is awesome!

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Howdy and Welcome to the forum. Enjoy the VN considering the other price, it was worth it. Plenty of information available, use the search engine regularly. It will help you find the information your looking for and need.

Have fun and enjoy yourself!😃👍🇺🇸

·
Super Moderator
1,833 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Enjoy it!

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
19 Posts
I love the white VN's so much! The only reason I wound up with the performance blue is because the white one was 4 hours further away. Congrats on the purchase!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I love the white VN's so much! The only reason I wound up with the performance blue is because the white one was 4 hours further away. Congrats on the purchase!!!
Funny, the only New DCTs in my area were white and red. Couldn't find any new blue ones. Only color I wouldn't of gotten was black.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Funny, the only New DCTs in my area were white and red. Couldn't find any new blue ones. Only color I wouldn't of gotten was black.
Oh I hear ya about not wanting black (in the Texas heat? No thank you). I filtered those right out of my search. I'm glad you found a dealership that didn't force their markup above MSRP. I had the exact same problem. Either they wouldn't quote me an out the door price at all unless I "came in and then we can talk about it" or they said the markup was non-negotiable. The dealership I bought mine from started in on the markup and I just told them "I am willing to pay MSRP plus tt&l and I will buy it today if you give me a drive out price." That pretty much cut through all the BS and the rest of the buying experience was gravy. I knew I had to make it through the finance person selling add-ons but I had already lined up the Hyundai extended warranty from another dealership and they couldn't (or wouldn't) pricematch it so I just bought from the other dealership instead for thousands less. Overall a very easy process as long as you get a good dealership that doesn't play games.

Again, BEAUTIFUL car man. Have fun knowing you aren't invisible to cops anymore! lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh I hear ya about not wanting black (in the Texas heat? No thank you). I filtered those right out of my search. I'm glad you found a dealership that didn't force their markup above MSRP. I had the exact same problem. Either they wouldn't quote me an out the door price at all unless I "came in and then we can talk about it" or they said the markup was non-negotiable. The dealership I bought mine from started in on the markup and I just told them "I am willing to pay MSRP plus tt&l and I will buy it today if you give me a drive out price." That pretty much cut through all the BS and the rest of the buying experience was gravy. I knew I had to make it through the finance person selling add-ons but I had already lined up the Hyundai extended warranty from another dealership and they couldn't (or wouldn't) price match it so I just bought from the other dealership instead for thousands less. Overall a very easy process as long as you get a good dealership that doesn't play games.

Again, BEAUTIFUL car man. Have fun knowing you aren't invisible to cops anymore! lol
I had a black 2018 Elantra Sport w/ the Manual Trans...Cool car but the black on black sucked. I used to commute over an hour each way to work and at times it seemed like the A/C couldn't cool the car enough. Ventilated seats barely made a difference.

I was actually surprised how easy the dealership in Abilene made it. They didn't even try sell me anything in the financing office. They asked when I got there who my financing was through and for the numbers. Once I told them USAA and 2.28% they didn't bother. I emailed 4 different dealers, 2 were red, 2 were white. 1 of the red ones was available (this is the one i test drove), but when I went to drive it the car was still inside the showroom after the salesman said he'd have it ready. They actually let car sit so long, not only was the battery dead but while I was driving it the A/C was cutting in and out, the Infotainment was unresponsive, and the dash was Christmas tree'ing WHILE I was on the gas.

The other red one I was told it was sold, then got told by another salesman through email it wasn't.

The other white one was the one the dealer wouldn't sell

Last one and coincidentally was the furthest one away, which i end up buying.

I had my own financing and pre-approval ready, and started emailing dealers for out-the-door prices. Didn't leave my phone number on purpose. If they did get my number I would just text them. Did everything through email initially until I got the number I wanted.

Made everything so much easier vs falling in love with a car online and walking into the dealer and getting jerked around for 3 hours. I'll buy cars this way from now on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
here in the DFW area too! Be sure to get the parkupfront app and join hot hatch hooligans! I usually go around to local car meets and will be throwing one myself in a few weeks time at the motorspeedway

1 - 11 of 11 Posts