Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Veloster N for well over a month now and being in Canada, winter will be here soon.

I was wondering what sizes of tires and which tires can fit, along with rims. Im planning to get some new tires and rims or and was wondering if anyone can help guide me.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Depends what size wheel you are looking to get. You should be able to either do 18 or 19 inch wheel. I have the performance pack and bought some lighter wheels for summer, so the stock pp wheels became my winters. Here's your options as far as I know:
Wheels: 19 x 8-8.5 or 18 x 8-8.5
Tires: 235-245 x 35 x 19 or 235-245 x 45 x 18
(18 inch wheels give the benefit of more sidewall)

On my stock pp wheels (19 x 8) I am running a Michelin Pilot Alpin 245 x 35 x 19. They are pricey, but fit well with no rubbing.

Another option you have is to go with buying someone's non PP wheels. If you choose that route you can fit a 215-235 x 45 x 18 tire on them.

Basically, it comes down to what you want to get and what tire would fit them. I have heard great things about the Blizzaks, and my experience with the Michelins has been good so far.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depends what size wheel you are looking to get. You should be able to either do 18 or 19 inch wheel. I have the performance pack and bought some lighter wheels for summer, so the stock pp wheels became my winters. Here's your options as far as I know:
Wheels: 19 x 8-8.5 or 18 x 8-8.5
Tires: 235-245 x 35 x 19 or 235-245 x 45 x 18
(18 inch wheels give the benefit of more sidewall)

On my stock pp wheels (19 x 8) I am running a Michelin Pilot Alpin 245 x 35 x 19. They are pricey, but fit well with no rubbing.

Another option you have is to go with buying someone's non PP wheels. If you choose that route you can fit a 215-235 x 45 x 18 tire on them.

Basically, it comes down to what you want to get and what tire would fit them. I have heard great things about the Blizzaks, and my experience with the Michelins has been good so far.
Wow dude thanks a bunch, greatly appreciate it man. Will use this to purchase my tires and wheels :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Depends on your budget. Some 17" wheels will fit on the PP. In the states discount tire is the place to go for the best package prices. Last winter I purchased a set of 17" wheels and snow tires for like $900 (shown in the photo). I sold those and this year I bought 18" liquid metal wheels and 225/45/18 Blizzacks for $1106.

·
Registered
2019 Veloster N PP / MT / Perf Blue.
460 Posts
Depends on your budget. Some 17" wheels will fit on the PP. In the states discount tire is the place to go for the best package prices. Last winter I purchased a set of 17" wheels and snow tires for like $900 (shown in the photo). I sold those and this year I bought 18" liquid metal wheels and 225/45/18 Blizzacks for $1106. View attachment 3802
Is this photo the 17's? I like the sidewall of the tire in this photo. I think a meatier sidewall adds to the sporty/rally stance of this car. Well done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts