Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Veloster N PP
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made a quick little video if anyone is interested in updating the navigation software version themselves. You could also take it to the dealership and have them do the update. This doesn’t change the navigation layout but it does fix minor bugs and what not.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just did mine. Only things I noticed is the folder icon is different, the xm radio sidebar is more compressed and the screen seems crisper. Could all be in my head tho 😂

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thank you for the video. Following along I was just able to complete the update myself. Saved me a trip to the dealership!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Tried to do mine and while it was "finishing" the update it failed and now I cannot get anything to show on the screen. Anyone else have this issue or have a fix? I've tried restarting with the little button on the front and still nothing.

·
Super Moderator
1,174 Posts
I would re download the update to the usb stick (has to be fat 32 format) and then re update the car. Unfortunately you will have to do the whole process over again. Let us know how it goes?

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Tried to do mine and while it was "finishing" the update it failed and now I cannot get anything to show on the screen. Anyone else have this issue or have a fix? I've tried restarting with the little button on the front and still nothing.
More than likely a download error. I believe there is a reset button on the face of the head unit. Let me check once again. For a quick reset; Press and hold down the audio system power button for at least 10 seconds. This is for Genesis/Hyundai/Kia in general. Let me know if it works. If you still have issues I can contact Hyundai Nav Updates, they will know an alternate method or I'll keep looking on the Internet for a reset.

·
Registered
2 Posts
More than likely a download error. I believe there is a reset button on the face of the head unit. Let me check once again. For a quick reset; Press and hold down the audio system power button for at least 10 seconds. This is for Genesis/Hyundai/Kia in general. Let me know if it works. If you still have issues I can contact Hyundai Nav Updates, they will know an alternate method or I'll keep looking on the Internet for a reset.
Same happened to me and I tried everything even hard reset and it didn't work

·
Registered
13 Posts
So far I've tried disconnecting the battery and hitting the small button for a while and still tried to continue the update as soon as I turned on accessories. I called Customer Support at Hyundai and they just think I downloaded the wrong thing. I am at my desk right now, but they said to remove the flash drive, press the button, and then hopefully it will give you a window to select setup>Bluelink>activate service. I'll let you know what happens, but I have had no luck getting away from the update screen. The person on the phone seems to think that there is no update out and that I must have tried to download a GPS update, but I explained that I did not. This may be a dealer solve haha

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
You have to first compare the update with the loaded navigation software.

If the update was the same as the previous it wouldn’t attempt to load it. Remove the drive and do the reset again.

The first line reps don’t have a clue. They read from a text script. Did you talk to a second tier rep or tech?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just did now, they had to put a ticket to the engineers and recommended going to tbd dealership. Guess I need to take off some parts haha

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Stuff happens, that's why we have a good warranty.:) (y)

It's not bricked, so don't worry. I can get into the engineering mode but it's not going to do you any good unless we can get the head unit to boot up with a restart.:oops:

·
Super Moderator
1,174 Posts
I think I will just leave mine for now after seeing these few problems. Thanks for sharing everyone.

Best regards,

-Mike

Reactions: RedVN

·
Registered
13 Posts
Dealership couldn't un-**** it, they ordered a whole new unit. They are not charging me because I followed directions from their own website and they even looked at the file on my flash drive and saw no issue.

In summary, just don't do it, not worth it and I'm stuck using a phone mount in my car like it's 2013 or something.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
If any of you are not comfortable in doing it yourself, let the dealership do it during a regular scheduled service. @ ed0s17 Make them fo the update the new unit. If they mess up, it's on them. Glad you did follow the proper procedure. :)(y)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts