Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did the Nav update recently. I wanted to share a couple things I found during and after the update:

It took about 30 minutes to complete the update. Something the instructions don't tell you: Make sure you remove the USB drive immediately after the update is finished because it restarts the head unit - and if the USB drive is still inserted, it will start the update process AGAIN. So mine actually took an hour because it did it twice.

Other than the map has a few new color options now, I noticed there are more options for sensors under N mode gauges and you can see history of each gauge. Maybe that was already there, but I don't remember being able to see that before. The home screen icons look a little different too. Also, many of my personal settings were set back to default: N Custom settings, audio settings, radio stations, little things like that. Not a huge deal but you will need to put that stuff back the way you like it. One other thing that I like is when you turn off your car and then open your door while the radio is on, the music fades out instead of just stopping abruptly.

One thing I've noticed since the update is that if I don't lock my car after turning it off, the Bluelink app notifies my phone repeatedly - like every couple hours - that my doors are unlocked. Before the update, it would only give one notification. My car sits in my garage and I don't want to lock it there. Getting 5 or 6 dings on my phone all through the night about it is annoying.

There are probably more things that the update changed or fixed that I haven't noticed yet. Hopefully this is helpful to somebody because I couldn't find much on this forum about the update.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I also just updated my software this morning. I just threw a battery charger on and set a timer for half an hour to come back and check. When I came back it was update to "update 2/5", so I waited longer and when I came back it was completely done. It didn't get stuck in any loop with the flash drive still inserted.

I can confirm that, even though the website says "2021 Veloster N", it does indeed work for the 22. My car came with the prior software version, so even though it was brand new (just off the ship three weeks ago), the car displayed in the N screen was an i30 N. The November update corrects it to the Veloster N.

The annoying door lock reminders have to be turned off from the MyHyundai site. It took me a few days of annoying notifications to find it because it's a feature my 19 Sonata doesn't have, so I didn't know which setting it was. Go to the hamburger menu (top right) > My Account > My Preferences tab > expand Bluelink Notifications Settings for the VN > Click Edit > uncheck App for Vehicle Current Status Update. Voila! Peace and quiet while leaving your car in the garage.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also just updated my software this morning. I just threw a battery charger on and set a timer for half an hour to come back and check. When I came back it was update to "update 2/5", so I waited longer and when I came back it was completely done. It didn't get stuck in any loop with the flash drive still inserted.

I can confirm that, even though the website says "2021 Veloster N", it does indeed work for the 22. My car came with the prior software version, so even though it was brand new (just off the ship three weeks ago), the car displayed in the N screen was an i30 N. The November update corrects it to the Veloster N.

The annoying door lock reminders have to be turned off from the MyHyundai site. It took me a few days of annoying notifications to find it because it's a feature my 19 Sonata doesn't have, so I didn't know which setting it was. Go to the hamburger menu (top right) > My Account > My Preferences tab > expand Bluelink Notifications Settings for the VN > Click Edit > uncheck App for Vehicle Current Status Update. Voila! Peace and quiet while leaving your car in the garage.
I will definitely be turning off the notification. Thanks for that!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Another thing I was happy for. Mine now actually reads text messages if I'm driving. For some reason, before the update it would say "not available while driving". Which I found completely self-defeating.

·
Registered
2022 Performance Blue M/T
31 Posts

FINALLY!!! A fix to the stupid i30N on my screen! YES!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a 2022 also and I looks like this update is newer than what I have, but I do have a lot of the stuff that are in the release notes already. Maybe 2022's are not listed yet because the update isn't worth doing due to small changes?

This is what is on the car now

STD5W.NAM.HMC.210617.1a43d29 - Nav App
NAM.14.41.43.490.301 - Map version
JSN.USA.S5W_M.V006.001.21.0621 - Software version

·
Registered
2021 Performance Blue VN 6MT
128 Posts
I have a 2022 also and I looks like this update is newer than what I have, but I do have a lot of the stuff that are in the release notes already. Maybe 2022's are not listed yet because the update isn't worth doing due to small changes?

This is what is on the car now

STD5W.NAM.HMC.210617.1a43d29 - Nav App
NAM.14.41.43.490.301 - Map version
JSN.USA.S5W_M.V006.001.21.0621 - Software version
The update that was pushed last November is newer than what you have.

calls out the current version. As I stated earlier in this thread, go to

to see the latest and greatest (for the USA).

·
Registered
18 Posts
I like the radio in the new update. I wasn't a fan of the tubes.

BTW since you updated early like I did, Hyundai pulled that release last week and released another one. The old one was dated 220419 and this one is 220504. I'm about to download and go update it again right now.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts