Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my 2020 Veloster N PP about 6 weeks ago now and I am absolutely in love!
What an awesome car to daily!
I named her Penny, because she worth every last one =P
So far I have had tints put on all around and I installed a customcargrills.com mesh grille myself and it looks awesome! It was easier to install than I anticipated as well.
I have some other little things like decals and a tow hook coming soon and I also just ordered a set of JNC026 White 19x8.5 ET40 that I think are going to look simple but bold and will also be super easy to dip or wrap. I cant wait! This car is going to be an awesome journey and I am really excited about it. Its my first ever build and first time ever REALLY diving under the hood but I have a broad background in construction and maintenance so I am hoping with enough research, help from you guys, and being smart enough to stay away from DIY when its important will get me by just fine. I will only be install bolt-on mods and minor modification mods myself for now.

Let me know what you guys think and if you have an tips/suggestions I would love to hear them! Tell me about your builds!

·
Registered
2020 Manual Performance Blue N, stock. PPF on front.
291 Posts
Welcome.
if you plan on keeping the car for a while, then in my opinion paint protection film is a must.
Enjoy.

·
Registered
2020 VNpp tuned
9 Posts
I just got mine as well and I got the JB4 tune, Twisted down pipe, Takeda intake, Forge Inlet Adaptor, Forge blowoff valve, and Velossa snorkel. I'm gonna do all the performance mods before the looks so I don't get pulled up on and not be able to put a good fight

·
Registered
291 Posts
I just got mine as well and I got the JB4 tune, Twisted down pipe, Takeda intake, Forge Inlet Adaptor, Forge blowoff valve, and Velossa snorkel. I'm gonna do all the performance mods before the looks so I don't get pulled up on and not be able to put a good fight
Nice list of mods, however be mindful the longer you drive without ppf the more potential paint chips you will get.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome.
if you plan on keeping the car for a while, then in my opinion paint protection film is a must.
Enjoy.
I am planning on applying glass coat very soon. I slacked off for the winter because its too cold for all that Id imagine. I want to apply it on a decent day where the sun can hit it a bit. I REALLY wish I had somewhere indoors to work but no dice on that.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice list of mods, however be mindful the longer you drive without ppf the more potential paint chips you will get.
I was thinking about Takeda intake with velossatech big mouth! I was thinking JB4 but lately I am leaning away from it a bit. Not sure I might go w/ second ECU and a legit tune. Tork motorsports has some stuff I wanna pick up too like the lower control arm braces and I def want to get a RMM. Thinking TurboTech for that one, the square design really catches my eye.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I am planning on applying glass coat very soon. I slacked off for the winter because its too cold for all that Id imagine. I want to apply it on a decent day where the sun can hit it a bit. I REALLY wish I had somewhere indoors to work but no dice on that.
"Glass coat" meaning I assume a ceramic coating?
If so I'm in the same boat. I plan on ceramic coating my car when the weather warms up, however I currently don't have a garage, so I'll have to pick a nice, calm stretch of weather to allow the coating to cure. I read it can't get wet before it fully cures.
Now there are soooo many choices for ceramic coating, and new graphene coatings.
By the way, ceramic coating is not a good replacement for ppf.
If you plan on keeping your N long term, it's really best to ppf the entire front end(bumper, full hood, full fenders and mirror caps, and if you have the funds the lower rocker panels).
I bought a new Porsche Boxster in 2005, and made the mistake of only putting ppf on partial hood and partial fenders and after 10 years all the covered areas still looked like new, however there were lots of chips and some scratches on the uncovered areas.
Before selling it I had to get the hood re-sprayed, which would have been an unnecessary expense if I didn't cheap out on the initial ppf.
Lesson learned.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts