Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

Favorite Category

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd just thought I'd share my findings with everyone in a simple post about the N Performance Parts made from factory by Hyundai. They can be found by browsing through Hyundai's Korean site if you want to go to the source. My main intension for this thread is just to get people talking about them because it would be great if they could be introduced to the US market. You guys deserve it.

Carbon Parts:
  • Front lip (piece just below the silver part)
  • Fog garnish (the louver things inside the front corner grills)
  • Rear diffuser (carbon from the rear red stripe down)
  • Rear Spoiler (similar design but with taller winglets on each end)
  • Side mirror cover (they're carbon side mirror covers)
Alcantara Parts:
  • Steering wheel (looks the same just no leather)
  • Parking lever (" ")
  • Center console (" ")
  • Transmission knob and boot (" ")
Other Interior Parts
  • Performance floor mats (smell VOC test completed, apparently)
  • Brushed metal door sills (why not)
Performance Parts:
  • Performance intake kit (upgraded box, piping, and filter. Basically an OEM Takeda)
  • Monobloc brake Package (4-piston caliper, bigger steel discs, low-steel pads)
  • 19-inch lightweight wheels (shaves 2 kg per corner I believe)
So yeah, start poking your dealers and maybe something could happen for 2021 when they bring the DCT with those sexy bucket seats.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I personally think the Performance wing looks like tacky butt crack but that's just me. I did however order a factory with in Carbon Fiber. I do want the rear diffuser but I could not image what it could cost, I would rather pick up the one from SCG, same with most the exterior carbon parts (which I also have the mirrors in carbon on order as well). I do like the suede wrapped wheel and e-brake. Want a carbon shifter. The rest is not my can of beans. Not a single dealer or parts guy I have spoken with has heard of it. I often work for the 5th RS so if travel picks up again and I'm in Osan, I see what I can find on a trip and send it to myself via USPS from base.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I love the look of the more aggressive N Performance wing. I would definitely buy one for the right price.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I was just looking at the SCG parts Yesterday. Don’t know if there is a thread on here from someone who has most of that stuff installed. I worry about paying so much for carbon pieces and them not fitting well. As far as the N performance parts go, who knows when or if they will bring them to the US. I would want all the alcantara interior except the steering wheel. All the carbon stuff except the wing I’m not sure on, I need to see more angles of it. I think I’d rather just get the stock wing in carbon.

The biggest thing is going to be the wheels, the OZ racing hyper GT’s to be clear the other ones look dumb. I’ve read a lot on here that anything other then the +55 offset that comes on the stock PP wheels it will throw off the steering feel. Those wheels will be 10 lbs lighter then the stock and give the same offset. I can’t find anything that comes close to that.

Of course pricing for these “Hyundai official N aftermarket Parts” is going to be interesting to see.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was just looking at the SCG parts Yesterday. Don’t know if there is a thread on here from someone who has most of that stuff installed. I worry about paying so much for carbon pieces and them not fitting well. As far as the N performance parts go, who knows when or if they will bring them to the US. I would want all the alcantara interior except the steering wheel. All the carbon stuff except the wing I’m not sure on, I need to see more angles of it. I think I’d rather just get the stock wing in carbon.
I would feel much more confident buying carbon from a dealer or manufacturer because of the guarantee of quality and fit. It's expensive stuff, and buying into small batch runs from a third party is a big risk. There is very little risk of reputation for some of these companies that just make a few carbon pieces and then disappear.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I literally just made a thread asking people about the fit and finish of the so cal garageworks carbon fiber pieces. I mean they are not cheap, Some of the cheaper plastic pieces I bought for my genesis coupe didn’t fit well but I heard before hand they were hit or miss and they were cheap enough to take a risk. Not these carbon pieces though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would say our parts fit just as good as the N performance parts and are cheaper.

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
I would say our parts fit just as good as the N performance parts and are cheaper.
I’ve been hearing nothing but good things from people who have purchased from you guys. The N performance stuff is faux carbon I believe, so you guys being cheaper seems unrealistic. We will have to see what the prices are when they come state side.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The N performance stuff is real carbon I have the wing. The way we do the diffuser cheaper is because they are marking up the price and the shipping from overseas for such a large piece.The diffuser itself before you put carbon on its under $100 oem...so you do the math lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'd just thought I'd share my findings with everyone in a simple post about the N Performance Parts made from factory by Hyundai. They can be found by browsing through Hyundai's Korean site if you want to go to the source. My main intension for this thread is just to get people talking about them because it would be great if they could be introduced to the US market. You guys deserve it.

Carbon Parts:
  • Front lip (piece just below the silver part)
  • Fog garnish (the louver things inside the front corner grills)
  • Rear diffuser (carbon from the rear red stripe down)
  • Rear Spoiler (similar design but with taller winglets on each end)
  • Side mirror cover (they're carbon side mirror covers)
Alcantara Parts:
  • Steering wheel (looks the same just no leather)
  • Parking lever (" ")
  • Center console (" ")
  • Transmission knob and boot (" ")
Other Interior Parts
  • Performance floor mats (smell VOC test completed, apparently)
  • Brushed metal door sills (why not)
Performance Parts:
  • Performance intake kit (upgraded box, piping, and filter. Basically an OEM Takeda)
  • Monobloc brake Package (4-piston caliper, bigger steel discs, low-steel pads)
  • 19-inch lightweight wheels (shaves 2 kg per corner I believe)
So yeah, start poking your dealers and maybe something could happen for 2021 when they bring the DCT with those sexy bucket seats.
If the price is competitive with what's already out there, I would love to have oem parts from Hyundai themselves

·
Registered
135 Posts
The black Veloster with orange trim looks amazing on their website. I want that damn hood with the scoop so bad!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah, I want all that stuff, everything that was on the display at sema behind the orange trimmed performance! Why hasn't hyundai released this stuff yet? The dealer acts like the dont even know about the car or the parts that are made for it by the OEM! Doesn't make any sense......

1 - 14 of 14 Posts